Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/28/2004 2:03:05 PM EDT

I have one with Tula codes that came in a package deal a couple of years ago.  Anything special or rare about them.  Never see them talked about.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:52:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not an expert on Russian drums, but Tula codes would be rarer I think.  All the ones I've seen have had Polyany or however you spell it codes, since they were made for RPKs and they make all RPKs.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Never seen any Russian drum made by anybody else but Vyatski Poliyani...(Star and Shield)
if you have pictures of a Tula produced drum, I'd love to see it...

-C
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:42:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a supposed "East German" Drum in a DDR pouch in 1992, but it has the "Star and Shield" markings typical of USSR manufacture. A buddy bought a "East German" drum at the same time w/ different markings, I'll have to get him to dig it up check it out. I'm beginning to doubt the DDR ever made a drum themselves....
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:06:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Never seen any Russian drum made by anybody else but Vyatski Poliyani...(Star and Shield)

-C

Dug it out last night.  Oops, it is star and shield (Poliani).
Don't know where I came up with the Tula crap.

and my thoughts of early retirement go down in flames again.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:41:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I bought a supposed "East German" Drum in a DDR pouch in 1992, but it has the "Star and Shield" markings typical of USSR manufacture. A buddy bought a "East German" drum at the same time w/ different markings, I'll have to get him to dig it up check it out. I'm beginning to doubt the DDR ever made a drum themselves....

The E.Germans never did. All their RPKs were Russian.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:34:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Yea, Rob is correct,  just about anything RPK related that shows up in Russia or Germany is made at "High Plains" (Vyatski Poliyani) ..... the only exception I have seen first hand, is an Izhmash produced 45 round bakelite magazine, which was in a museum, so it could have been a prototype for V.P. to copy...

-C
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:37:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-C

Dug it out last night.  Oops, it is star and shield (Poliani).
Don't know where I came up with the Tula crap.

and my thoughts of early retirement go down in flames again.

Bubba, there was a bogus chart out there in the internet land (probably still is) that incorrectly showed star and shield as Tula... that is possibly where you got that idea from.... it is a common mistake for many gunwriters and authors too...
no worries mate,  retire when you want to retire!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:31:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

no worries mate,  retire when you want to retire!

But how will I fund the "good life' if I can't sell a super rare, pre ban Tula drum!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:59:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:38:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
...especially if you tell them you were once a navy seal.

Actually, I was a Delta Green Para Seal, and regret I can't tell you more of what I know and have done, but this is not a secure line.  

Hey, wanna buy a drum????

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top