Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/28/2004 1:03:05 PM EST

I have one with Tula codes that came in a package deal a couple of years ago. Anything special or rare about them. Never see them talked about.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:52:59 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:52:18 PM EST
I'm not an expert on Russian drums, but Tula codes would be rarer I think. All the ones I've seen have had Polyany or however you spell it codes, since they were made for RPKs and they make all RPKs.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:08:38 PM EST
Never seen any Russian drum made by anybody else but Vyatski Poliyani...(Star and Shield)
if you have pictures of a Tula produced drum, I'd love to see it...

-C
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:42:10 AM EST
I bought a supposed "East German" Drum in a DDR pouch in 1992, but it has the "Star and Shield" markings typical of USSR manufacture. A buddy bought a "East German" drum at the same time w/ different markings, I'll have to get him to dig it up check it out. I'm beginning to doubt the DDR ever made a drum themselves....
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:06:12 AM EST

Originally Posted By chamberlin:
Never seen any Russian drum made by anybody else but Vyatski Poliyani...(Star and Shield)

-C

Dug it out last night. Oops, it is star and shield (Poliani).
Don't know where I came up with the Tula crap.

and my thoughts of early retirement go down in flames again.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:41:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By MPi-K:
I bought a supposed "East German" Drum in a DDR pouch in 1992, but it has the "Star and Shield" markings typical of USSR manufacture. A buddy bought a "East German" drum at the same time w/ different markings, I'll have to get him to dig it up check it out. I'm beginning to doubt the DDR ever made a drum themselves....

The E.Germans never did. All their RPKs were Russian.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:34:36 AM EST
Yea, Rob is correct, just about anything RPK related that shows up in Russia or Germany is made at "High Plains" (Vyatski Poliyani) ..... the only exception I have seen first hand, is an Izhmash produced 45 round bakelite magazine, which was in a museum, so it could have been a prototype for V.P. to copy...

-C
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:37:01 AM EST

Originally Posted By Bubbatheredneck:

-C

Dug it out last night. Oops, it is star and shield (Poliani).
Don't know where I came up with the Tula crap.

and my thoughts of early retirement go down in flames again.

Bubba, there was a bogus chart out there in the internet land (probably still is) that incorrectly showed star and shield as Tula... that is possibly where you got that idea from.... it is a common mistake for many gunwriters and authors too...
no worries mate, retire when you want to retire!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:31:52 AM EST

no worries mate, retire when you want to retire!

But how will I fund the "good life' if I can't sell a super rare, pre ban Tula drum!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:59:07 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:38:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By CAMPYBOB:
...especially if you tell them you were once a navy seal.

Actually, I was a Delta Green Para Seal, and regret I can't tell you more of what I know and have done, but this is not a secure line.

Hey, wanna buy a drum????

Top Top