Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2003 5:30:00 PM EDT
I am not sure if this is a stupid question.  I was wondering since I know alot of red dot sights are not.  I wasn't sure if the fact that it was a reflex sight made a difference

Thanks

Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:33:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Im pretty sure anything thats non magnification or single lens is paralax free.

I think.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:50:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine appears to be.  That was my main selling point.

Now if I could only sight the damn thing in...  Didn't have the right tools when I was at the range.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:39:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I did some experimenting with my EKP-1S-03M and, as near as I can tell (with my tired old eyes), the POI does not shift when you place the dot (by shifting your head)to the side/top/bottom of the lens.

As an aside; mine definitely does not return to zero after dismounting/re-mounting; unless you conside 9 MOA high and 3 MOA left "close enough". Yes, I did follow the posted mount adjusting instructions to the letter.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:22:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Close to parallax free. You can fix it on the bench and move around to see the dot on the same target, but it does shift a wee bit. I have never seen any red dot totally parallax free.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Close to parallax free. You can fix it on the bench and move around to see the dot on the same target, but it does shift a wee bit. I have never seen any red dot totally parallax free.

What he said...
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 12:43:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I took my EKP-1S-03M and my SAM-7S to the range last weekend. Sighted it in at 50 yards using Uly HP ammo. 10 shot goups were under 2 inches at 50 yards! Twice I took the sight off then put it back on between 10 shot groups. I could not detect any change in the zero. Maybe the quality of the side rail has some bearing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 2:55:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I could not detect any change in the zero. Maybe the quality of the side rail has some bearing.

I'll try unmounting/remounting again. Maybe I got a hampster stuck in the rail last time.

Best,

SD
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I could not detect any change in the zero. Maybe the quality of the side rail has some bearing.

I'll try unmounting/remounting again. Maybe I got a hampster stuck in the rail last time.

Best,

SD

ive mounted/unmounted mine at least 20 times, and it still holds zero.
Im very suprised at how accurate, and how well these kobras hold zero.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top