Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2011 7:32:32 AM EDT
I ordered some mags from this website.  I got my package today.

The mags were disassembled, and the actual mag body wasn't in the package.  I've heard of him shipping mags disassembled as a way to skirt customs issues, so that wasn't a surprise.

But the mag bodies not being in the package surprised me.  When you guys got yours did he ship the mag bodies in a seperate package?  

I'm going to get in touch with him, but just figured I'd ask how you guys stuff was shipped.  My package didn't look like customs ripped it open or anything like that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 9:00:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Give it a few days before you start getting worried.  Mine arrived about five days apart.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#2]
is this the new place to get bakelite 7.62 mags?

if so I'm ordering.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#3]
yea, he has bakelites, Aluminum waffles, etc, and at good prices. Just takes a while to from Ukraine to us.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 10:14:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Give it a few days before you start getting worried.  Mine arrived about five days apart.

+1.  They usually get sent searately a few days apart.  

But be aware they magazine bodies could also get confiscated by Customs.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 10:53:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Glad I saw this thread!  Just placed an order.  Lots of preban stuff.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#6]
ordered!
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#7]
what am i looking at for estimated order to arrival time?
thaks alot in advance, all this talk of confiscation has me worried aswell. im in for some bakelite sexygoodness too... i reallly hope it gets here soon.
payment was recived on the 7th of this month.
ps: no intended hijack.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 2:01:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Vladimir has some really good stuff. He ships from Croatia
and it generally takes two to three weeks. I'm waiting on some
mags to come any day now.    
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 2:34:41 PM EDT
[#9]
If he ships them dissassembled, do you think he would ship to a ban state? It is legal as long as they are dissassembled. 44 mag and copes distributing do this.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys, I got an email back from him within a couple hours.  He indeed ships the mag bodies separately.  

quote]Quoted:
If he ships them dissassembled, do you think he would ship to a ban state? It is legal as long as they are dissassembled. 44 mag and copes distributing do this.[/quote]

I really don' think he gives a shit about ban state or not..haha  Hes from the Ukraine, that shit isn't his problem at all.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
is this the new place to get bakelite 7.62 mags?

if so I'm ordering.

Yeah good prices, but watch out, shipping gets out of control fast.  Combine that with the risk of customs seizing your stuff and its not the deal of a lifetime that it looks like... but still works out to be $5-10 cheaper than buying them from a place in the states.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 4:09:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yeah good prices, but watch out, shipping gets out of control fast.  Combine that with the risk of customs seizing your stuff and its not the deal of a lifetime that it looks like... but still works out to be $5-10 cheaper than buying them from a place in the states.

ok, how many people have had their stuff seized? I ask b/c I have orded from Oleg for years, and now from Vlad (about 6 times so far) and have never had my stuff seized (knocked on wood). I know this CAN happen, but has it happened to anyone on here? Super cereal question.

Link Posted: 2/24/2011 5:21:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

ok, how many people have had their stuff seized? I ask b/c I have orded from Oleg for years, and now from Vlad (about 6 times so far) and have never had my stuff seized (knocked on wood). I know this CAN happen, but has it happened to anyone on here? Super cereal question.

It has to have happened to someone or he wouldn't have a reason to ship mags disassembled in different packages.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 10:25:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Does this guy send a shipping notification or does the stuff just show up?
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#15]
for me, it just showed up.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 12:54:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Have you ordered any steel mags from him?  If so, what kind of shape are they in?
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 1:12:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If he ships them dissassembled, do you think he would ship to a ban state? It is legal as long as they are dissassembled. 44 mag and copes distributing do this.

I'd guess that he doesn't know what a ban state is.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I did not order mags just a sling, but it shipped direct from Russia. It's a good site you will get the mag bodies I am sure. :-)
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#19]
i ordered a Bakelite 7.62. recived AK74 handguards.
currently conversing with vlad on the matter.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Mine came in about 3 weeks and was fully assembled.  It did come registered mail however.  Scared the shit out of me.  Thought I was being sued or something.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 2:49:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've had it happen for just shy of 2K, and to answer why some guys might be receiving the wrong items. Think about it, Vlad went from shipping a few hundred pkg's a month topps (this includes his other non surplus stuff) to a thousand give or take. He's burning the candle at both ends searching the countryside warehouses for whatever surplus he can but to then satisy the US market.

Edit: My loss wasn't from Vlad though, but was an over the pond order.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 3:05:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Andrei/RUSeller by chance? He got hit by the officials in Russia big time a few years ago.

Z
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Andrei/RUSeller by chance? He got hit by the officials in Russia big time a few years ago.

Z

No but it was from Russia, it never made it out of Russian Customs in Moscow from the info I got and the seller had his shit seized from what I found out. Took awhile to swallow that one.

Live and learn.

Link Posted: 2/28/2011 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#24]
seems like a great deal for 7.62 bakalite mags if they make it thru customs. a 10 pack would be 29$ a piece shipped to me. but i dont have the balls to go for it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 4:20:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Z

You dare say the name of he who shall not be named?!  

Many folks got hit by him on that one.  Some for a LOT of money.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
seems like a great deal for 7.62 bakalite mags if they make it thru customs. a 10 pack would be 29$ a piece shipped to me. but i dont have the balls to go for it.

Yeah, I would probably take a pass.  Although it's unlikely that your order will be seized, it does happen on occasion.  And I'd be more worried about Russia's customs than our own.  I wouldn't be surprised if their rules are "highly arbitrary", to put it diplomatically.

It does seem like plenty of people have ordered successfully.  But in any regard, I wouldn't spend more money than I was comfortable losing.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I would probably take a pass.  Although it's unlikely that your order will be seized, it does happen on occasion.  And I'd be more worried about Russia's customs than our own.  I wouldn't be surprised if their rules are "highly arbitrary", to put it diplomatically.

It does seem like plenty of people have ordered successfully.  But in any regard, I wouldn't spend more money than I was comfortable losing.

Spend what you can loose is the best advise. Again we are talking about Ukraine not Russia and they are much less strict w/exporting. Anything and the kitchen sink is getting out of there. Having said that, the harder to get items that are making it out of Russia are subject to a much greater degree of "heat"...

Link Posted: 2/28/2011 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Wow that is a good price. i am leary about getting surplus from over there though, I got burned on a stock set before , but I may try again for some of those mags.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
i ordered a Bakelite 7.62. recived AK74 handguards.
currently conversing with vlad on the matter.

hes Sending a a Bakelite mag over, and i get to keep the handguards.
he handled things very well. good communication and very good customer service. the 3 week wait BLOWS though.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#30]
I ordered a slabside mag and several other items - got the mag spring, and follower in one package in 4 weeks.  I was thinking WTF??  Sent him an email and he responded ASAP - Assured me it was shipped in two packages...Sure enough, two days later the rest of the order arrived.  Customs issues or no, this guy is stand up (and his email english is hilarious... - almost worth the delays)...

Link Posted: 3/2/2011 6:01:21 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I ordered a slabside mag and several other items - got the mag spring, and follower in one package in 4 weeks.  I was thinking WTF??  Sent him an email and he responded ASAP - Assured me it was shipped in two packages...Sure enough, two days later the rest of the order arrived.  Customs issues or no, this guy is stand up (and his email english is hilarious... - almost worth the delays)...

What kind of shape was the slabside in?

Link Posted: 3/2/2011 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have ordered some slab sides about 3 weeks ago. I so suck at the patience thing!
I'm interested to know what shape the slabsides were in as well.

Link Posted: 3/2/2011 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine were good.  Looked unused, just some knicks and scratches.. probably from being thrown into a pile with other mags while they were stored for ages.
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#34]
My slabside was mint.  Perfect...  covered in cosmo, but mint...
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:25:11 AM EDT
[#35]
I just got my mag bodies today.  I placed a small order this time but I will be making a larger one.  I didn't get the springs, followers, and floorplates yet.

2 slabsides - some storage marks but otherwise NIW.  Man, these things are heavy.  They've got a film of some kind of oil on them, definitely not cosmoline (I'd know that smell anywhere).  Lots of proof marks, but no Izzy triangle.

2 7.62 bakelites - both Tula, NIW, with ink stamps on them.

2 RPK74 bakelites - Also NIW.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Got some good stuff on there. I'll give it a shot and order a little at a time like some of ya'll
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Does anyone know if the handguards and stocks on his website are for milled or stamped guns? It says for ak47/akm, but shows a milled stock in the picture. BTW, I bet he is wondering what its like in the US; getting thousands of orders for this old, crappy soviet military stuff. Probably thinks its like the wild west here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top