Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 6:13:55 PM EST
I installed a Romy folder onto my Maadi. The fit was a little tight so I needed a mallet to whack it on. Anyone else have to do this?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:26:02 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:08:12 PM EST
If I install one of the folders on my MAK as I going to have to file it? In the ad it says "can" be made to fit chinese rifles. I feel alittle rigging is in order.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:26:24 PM EST

Originally Posted By SickMAK90:
If I install one of the folders on my MAK as I going to have to file it? In the ad it says "can" be made to fit chinese rifles. I feel alittle rigging is in order.

Yes, a little filing is necessary, but it's not a big deal. Follow this link for some instructions if you decide to install a Romy folder.

www.frankbachman.com/MAK90/mak-90_folding_stock.htm
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:29:23 PM EST
I just can't decide if I want the romy sidefolder or not. It looks cool but I hate the short stocks. I guess I am to used to the stock thumbhole and the choate stock. I do want to get some kind of pistol grip setup since I already spent the money to make the gun 922r compliant. I may go ahead and get the romy anyways. Use it unless I am hunting. I love those ACE skeleton AR stocks but they are steep and don't fold or anything. But they are cool as hell.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:38:59 PM EST
I know Tapco makes folders for about $50 they sould be a little longer and count toards your US parts cout. I have one of the romanian side folders and it fits fine but of coarse I have a romanian ak so that would probably explain it. There are two things I dont kike about it first being its length and second I wish it had some sort of cheek rest or something other than that I love it and cant beat he price.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:57:34 PM EST
I don't like the looks of that tapco folder either. I may end up getting some type of AR stock. It won't fold but I want a nice pistol grip.

I think it would be hard to actually shoot groups with the romy folder since it is so skinny. Probably be pretty uncomfortable also. But it would look sick folded.

As for the tapco being a U.S. part...I have tons of US parts... g2 trigger group, mag followers, tapco gas piston, 1 choate forgrip, ultimak (assuming this counts as the upper handguard), a US pin-on ak74 break, and a choate rear stock. I don't actually need any U.S. parts for it to be legal as it is but I had planned on a pistol grip of some kind.,
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:00:35 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:10:33 PM EST
Good point Im sure I shoot about the same with my side folder as I did before. If you buy a pistol grip check out the saw grips from tapco I love mine plus it gives you a storage compartment that you loose when replacing the wood stock.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:39:46 AM EST

Originally Posted By NYC-M4:
I installed a Romy folder onto my Maadi. The fit was a little tight so I needed a mallet to whack it on. Anyone else have to do this?

yeppers! shredded both ends of a big-ass rubber mallet pounding it in and was later told this is a big no-no for stamped receivers cuz this can cause it to bow out and MIGHT cause it to fire out of battery or cause the bolt to jump it's rails or something like that and the bolt will come flying out the rear of the receiver and into your eye...oh well, so far, so good! it's been over 10 yrs and i still have both orbs...
Top Top