Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/11/2005 2:48:09 PM EDT
Hey, I've been lurking these boards for a while now and I've decided I want to try to build one of these as a project. I was wondering if any of you had any opinions on these kits...

http://www.ak-47.org/

I ordered a couple of them and I'm giving it a go. Not sure if there are better and easier ways than this. The flats that you bend seem a little bit difficult to do if you don't have the press, and even then, you'll still have to bend the top rails for the bolt carrier. Anyways, glad to finally register and post on here!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:48:15 PM EDT
that place is high $ you may want to shop around.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:00:32 PM EDT
Uh, are you really in Ca? I dont think you can have get a new ak there anymore....
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:04:16 AM EDT
in cali he can go lowcap i think
for the kits cancel your order
those blanks are not even close to what you can get that are still considerd 80%
coldsteal will open the magwel (not to size but helps alot) press dimples and centerpunch holes
for 1/2 the price
as for the kits themself jnewt or bocefus can hook you up with 1 for close to 1/2 the price
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:19:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2005 6:25:01 AM EDT by neouser]

Originally Posted By socandyman:
in cali he can go lowcap i think
for the kits cancel your order
those blanks are not even close to what you can get that are still considerd 80%
coldsteal will open the magwel (not to size but helps alot) press dimples and centerpunch holes
for 1/2 the price
as for the kits themself jnewt or bocefus can hook you up with 1 for close to 1/2 the price

And I can't put in the stud for the pistol grip or attach the pistol grip. :) It'll be like a Saiga with the FCG placed further forward, with the option to mount the pistol grip if I ever move out of this lame state. Kinda like this bad boy...

http://www.robarm.com/m96_california_recon_carbine.htm

Anyways, thanks for the help. I guess I'll have to keep shopping around for options. I'll definitely check out the coldsteal.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:52:46 AM EDT
Hi socandyman I,m afraid the info you have is not accurate as follows.

"those blanks are not even close to what you can get that are still considerd 80%"

What is 80% the batfe has no such designation??????? ITS AN URBAN MITH (the batfe seems to rely on an 8 hrs or less to build OPINION)

As far as putting holes in bent blanks (ANY HOLES) and selling them this area is reserved for the legaly licenced mfg like global trades and needs an FFL transfer(IE check what jimmy from global has to say on the blank and receiver subject under the post( 1.0mm receiver )on Global trades forum at gunsnet (its probably the only post concerning this subject that hasnt been deleted at gunsnet)

Robert

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:30:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2005 12:19:32 PM EDT by socandyman]
i have the 80% blanks from cold steal they have the magwel opened (a hole)
it isnt to size tho
go HERE
see for yourself
only downside is theres like a 2 week waiting list
i actually have couple extra if anyone wants 1 make me an offer
Top Top