User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2005 6:58:58 PM EDT

Link.

Part#: 001-321    Category: Magazines
4-Pack Yugo 7.62x39 30rd Mags & Pouch
Description:  Includes four Yugo 7.62x39mm 30-rd Magazines in Brand New Very Good Condition that holds bolt open on last shot. (Also fits Chinese, Romanian, Bulgarian and Polish AKs.) Includes Pouch.
Discount Price:  $32.99

I don't own any Yugo mags and was going to order a few of these.
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#1]
yea worked great, but the follower that holds the bolt back is kind of redundant......very good mag though
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 4:28:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks WIZZO_ARAKM14.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 7:18:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Something for you to consider:  These hold the bolt open after the last round, but once you remove the magazine, the bolt slams shut.  Figured I'd tell you so you don't get shocked when it happens on the range.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 10:17:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Something for you to consider:  These hold the bolt open after the last round, but once you remove the magazine, the bolt slams shut.  Figured I'd tell you so you don't get shocked when it happens on the range.

Thanks.  I remember reading about that.  I think it's neat that it holds it open but I'm buying them more because I don't have any Yugo mags.  I like the idea though that you can take a quick peek to see why the gun has stopped firing rather than having to pull the bolt back.  It in no way diminishes my love for the AK.
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 5:50:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 3:13:48 AM EDT
[#6]
The only reason mine has ever stopped firing is when I run out of ammo. i just assume it's time to change magazines when it goes click instead of bang.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 4:18:48 AM EDT
[#7]
The best reason to buy Yugo mags is because there are cosmetic differences in the mag bodies between them and "ordinary" Euro mags.  Yugo builds look better with Yugo mags in them.

Link Posted: 11/19/2005 5:09:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow, that's a good deal.

Link Posted: 11/19/2005 6:43:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Thats a great deal.  Out of curiosity it looks like Clearview Investments has the same address but different phone number as Centerfire systems. I assume they are related in some way but the mag prices are better with Clearview Investments.
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#10]
From what I can tell, that's a great deal. It' too bad I missed it. The aforementioned page still comes up, but I can't add the item to the cart, and it looks like that page isn't linked to from anywhere else on their site anymore.  So it looks like that limited time offer has now expired.

They still have the 4 mags and a pouch deal, but they don't claim to be Yugo  mags anymore, and I want mags that hold the bolt open on empty.

Centerfiresystems still sells Yugo mags, but they want $18 Each!

What are some other places that sell Yugo AK Mags?

Also, can any of you answer this question?
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
From what I can tell, that's a great deal. It' too bad I missed it. The aforementioned page still comes up, but I can't add the item to the cart, and it looks like that page isn't linked to from anywhere else on their site anymore.  So it looks like that limited time offer has now expired.

They still have the 4 mags and a pouch deal, but they don't claim to be Yugo  mags anymore, and I want mags that hold the bolt open on empty.

Centerfiresystems still sells Yugo mags, but they want $18 Each!

What are some other places that sell Yugo AK Mags?

Also, can any of you answer this question?

VorpalSpork,

You'll have to rely on someone else to answer your questions.  I don't know enough about these mags.  I do know that I saw some of the Yugo followers for sale in the past and that they drop into any 30 rnd AK mag.  So the rest of the magazine body itself should be no different than other magazines.  I didn't buy them because they were on the expensive side.  I have since looked for them but can't find them.

I like the idea of having a bolt-hold-open follower.  You can tilt the gun slightly to the left and see why the gun didn't fire ie. double-feed vs. dud primer vs. empty gun.  It saves you the time having to rack back the bolt.  Most people don't find this to be a big deal.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 8:11:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Bummer...............I was looking for the same thing for the same reason.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 4:16:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Bolt hold open is a good idea either way you look at it.  Here's why:

If God forbid you should actually have to use your rifle to defend yourself (AK), and you have fired the last round in the magazine, but do not know it, and sight in on a target with limited time to engage, and your rifle goes click, THAT SUCKS.

However, same scenario, and you recognize the difference in the sound / feel of your rifle when the bolt gets held open instead of cycling, you swap mags, and then engage target, rifle goes bang instead of click.

Simple.

The bolt hold open on an AK will not work the same as on an AR, but it doesn't need to, it just needs to inform you the mag is empty, before the rifle goes click instead of bang.

The difference between the mag swap and the click can be huge, when it comes to a defense scenario.

I wouls like to place an order on the bolt hold open followers, if I can find them again.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Just got off the phone with a lady there, they have what should be real Yugo mags coming to them next week for filling the orders already placed. I also noted the ad linked above is still on their site. Fingers crossed.....

Sorry I didn't update my post.  I spoke to probably the same lady a couple of weeks ago and she said they had received non-Yugo mags but that they were working with their distributor and they would sort things out.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed as well.  I'm going to have a Yugo Krink built and it would be nice to have some Yugo mags for it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:01:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Now it's "probably by the end of the week or maybe Monday".....

Next week I reverse the cc charges if nothing shows up.

Same here.  I really had my heart set on a few Yugo mags for my Yugo M92.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:51:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Same here- waiting for replacements for the wrong magazines they sent to me.

Salesgirl said it would be last week, but now?

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Same here- waiting for replacements for the wrong magazines they sent to me.

Salesgirl said it would be last week, but now?

Did they pay for return shipping?  It would be the right thing to do.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:26:34 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Yes, they issued a return tag to UPS to pick it up.

Still a hassle.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:24:29 AM EDT
[#21]
tag.....I have one which came with my M92 and I like it alot.Fingers crossed for more mafs

Bomber
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:27:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, they issued a return tag to UPS to pick it up.

Still a hassle.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:38:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Well, another week has passed, and still no replacement Yugo mags from "Clearview"...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Well, another week has passed, and still no replacement Yugo mags from "Clearview"...

I'll call them tomorrow and post what they say.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:37:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:18:37 PM EDT
[#26]
hey guys just take out your followers and grinde the bumps off inside the mages then you can use your regular fallowers as last round hould openlike the ugo
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:36:52 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I simply canceled my order with them, and called my cc to dispute the charge since I can no longer trust a vendor who strings me out for a month on the same 'next week' bs for several weeks in a row. Worst part is they still claim to be in stock on their web site.

I'm going to give them a little more time.  The lady offered to reverse the charges, but said that they were still expecting the Yugo mags.  I'll give them another couple of weeks but no longer than the 60 days I have to reverse charges if I have to.  I do want to buy some Suomi mags, so I'll end up ordering those.  They do have a lot of those in stock and I've ordered them before.  Still a very annoying situation.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:47:47 AM EDT
[#28]
C-4- Thanks for checking on these.

I'm going to give them some more time, also.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Does anyone know when they might be getting the yugo mags back in stock?  The only other place I could find them was Centerfiresystems.com and they are $20 a peice there!  I sent Clearview and e-mail but was wondering if anybody knew.

Thanks,

Nic
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:16:54 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Does anyone know when they might be getting the yugo mags back in stock?  The only other place I could find them was Centerfiresystems.com and they are $20 a peice there!  I sent Clearview and e-mail but was wondering if anybody knew.

Thanks,

Nic

Nic4433,

Those might be part of the same company.  I think someone posted recently that they are located very close to each other and may be owned by the same people.  I could be wrong.  Let us know if Centerfire has them in stock.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#31]
They may be the same company, I just looked and they are both located in Versailles, KY.  Centerfiresystems.com deosn't say that the mags are out of stock.  I'd get a couple from them but they are $19.97/ea. where clearview has them for $32 for four mags with a pouch.  So if they will ever be in stock at clearview that is what I want to get.  

Nic
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
C-4- Thanks for checking on these.

I'm going to give them some more time, also.

Last update:  I talked with Clearview again today.  They said they didn't think they would be getting the Yugo mags in at all.  She said that the original problem was with the distributor who told them the mags were Yugo but were not.  

I can't help but be cynical and think that they knew they could get a lot more for these mags so held on to them.  Also, I think they are connected with Centerfire and the mags they are selling are from the 'correct' shipment Clearview was supposed to get.  But that's capitalism, so I'm not going to complain about it.

I'll just keep having to pull back on the charging handle to find out if:

1)  I have an empty mag.

2)  Fail-to-fire.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:23:03 AM EDT
[#33]

I waited for 6 weeks after the customer service girl told me that they would replace the mags I returned to them with the Yugo mags I had ordered and paid for.  They never contacted me, so I sent an email asking them to check the status.

They claim that their "supplier" can't get them.  (I wonder who that is? Isn't it CFS, which is still advertising them, but for more than I ordered mine for?)

Lot's of fuss and bother over a few dollars worth of steel, but I don't like being jerked around and lied to.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I waited for 6 weeks after the customer service girl told me that they would replace the mags I returned to them with the Yugo mags I had ordered and paid for.  They never contacted me, so I sent an email asking them to check the status.

They claim that their "supplier" can't get them.  (I wonder who that is? Isn't it CFS, which is still advertising them, but for more than I ordered mine for?)

Lot's of fuss and bother over a few dollars worth of steel, but I don't like being jerked around and lied to.

Agreed.  I'd actually have more respect for them if they just said "We can get a lot more for them than we previously advertised so fuck off."
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#35]
They can go to hell.  The refund went through today and I'll never do business with anyone out of Versailles, KY again.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top