Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/12/2005 4:40:39 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:57:30 PM EST
that sir would be the TAPCO stock and yes people here have them
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:58:50 PM EST
Nooooo! don't tell me you're going to put one of those ass ugly plastic skeleton folding stocks on your ak!!!! Just look up K Var and get on of the metal Romanian folding stocks instead or pick one up at a gun show. Those ugly stock don't do any AK's justice, just my opinion though.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:05:35 PM EST
Romy folders aren't ugly?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:14:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By ozone_00:
Romy folders aren't ugly?

All side folders are ugly
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:45:27 AM EST
not krink folders
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:29:24 AM EST
It looks like something that would break ??
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:42:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By LightSpeed2:

one or two people have had trouble with the pivot pin(plastic) breaking, but the guys at TAPCO fixed them up in a hurry. it works fine, I just dont like the look of it and it feels a bit on the cheesy side.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:48:20 PM EST
I'm referring to the tapco folders those PlAsTic folders they just look retarded on an ak
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:47:19 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/13/2005 6:52:21 PM EST by thedukeryan]

They had a problem at the beginning where the pivit pin were known to break but Tapco has fixed it and offers a no BS replacement policy
ETA I have them for about $10 less www.MidwestArmory.com
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:57:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By thedukeryan:

They had a problem at the beginning where the pivit pin were known to break but Tapco has fixed it and offers a no BS replacement policy
ETA I have them for about $10 less www.MidwestArmory.com

Still they shouldnt need a no BS replacement policy. They should build a good sturdy product from the start. A friend of mine bought a rifle with that stock on it, damn thing broke soon after. He threw it away after calling tapco , they actually wanted to charge him shipping to replace their broken product. He bought a Romainian folder and has never looked back.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:13:32 PM EST
The new design is improved and shouldnt be a problem. But the first production ones have been known to break at the pivit point.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:50:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By thedukeryan:
The new design is improved and shouldnt be a problem. But the first production ones have been known to break at the pivit point.

Got a pic of it??
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:25:58 PM EST
I dont hve my camera handy but I believe all they did was replace the pivit pin with a steel one. Im assuming that the pivit point on your buddies is where it broke. The stock looks the same. I dont think they are bad stocks but if I had the choice between the Romanian or Tapco I would go with the Romanian. The thing I do like about the Tapco one is the extended length.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:15:31 AM EST
why do people keep recommedning folders that require modifying the receiver? There are two categories here folks, and when it coems to buying drop-in folders, options are ugly and limited. Tapco's Galil, the 'Romy' wire ones (which are ugly as a pigs nuts, but I see how well designed they are, e,g, right fold AND still can work safety lever.), the ACE trillion dollar setup....
Top Top