Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 8:32:22 AM EDT
http://scoutscopes.com/sks-scope-mounts/sks-scope-mount-black-anodized/

Was thinking of using it to mount a Burris Fastfire or similar.  If anyone has used this, how well does it work, and can you get reasonable cheek weld?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:01:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a scope on my SKS for a short while.  I quickly realized I was trying to make it into something it really wasn't.  

I changed to a Williams peep sight that replaced the existing rear sight.  When Tech Sights came out with their rear mounted peep, I switched to that.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:19:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I had a scope on my SKS for a short while.  I quickly realized I was trying to make it into something it really wasn't.  

I changed to a Williams peep sight that replaced the existing rear sight.  When Tech Sights came out with their rear mounted peep, I switched to that.

My eyes don't agree with irons.  Red dot sights were, for me, a gift from God.  I'm sure the Williams peep is nice, but it's not for me.

Link Posted: 11/26/2012 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_96/140384_SKS_Mini_Dot_Mount.html have you considered that? No experience with it, I'm thinking of buying it but don't know if it's any good.
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd consider a mount like that over one that mounts on the rear cover.

Speaking of mounts, has anyone experience with a gas tube mount?
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 2:43:08 AM EDT
[#5]
How about a B Square scope mount for the SKS?

Any good?

I have one I want to put on my SKS.

Do it or don't do it?

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:10:06 AM EDT
[#6]
the scout scope mount I got for a family member.  It wiggles a little (bad thing) but he likes the red dot for the same reasons as everyone else (good thing).  Its not rock solid but It could be the best one for the job not real sure.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Find a different rifle to scope. All SKS scope mounts are abortions due to all of the loose parts on an SKS. Lipstick on a pig, man...
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:42:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I have several scout scope mounts on my SKS, and AK rifles. They're the next best thing to the drill and tap receiver mounts. There is zero wiggle, when installed properly, and does hold zero. It is pretty beefy, and mounts solid. Stay away from the gas tube mounts, and receiver cover mounts on SKS rifles, as they do not hold zero.

GlockMonk
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#9]
scout scopes wiggle less then what a sks will shoot, maybe thats what I should say.  I know how frustrating it is to read "good reviews" over and over again and get a 8 out of 10 product.  I really did like the scout mount though.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top