Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 5:50:40 PM EDT
Thought I might like to slap together an AK in .223rem but I don't know of any kits anywhere. Thought maybe one of you guys might.

Also, any body have a link to 223 mags?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:13:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Thought I might like to slap together an AK in .223rem but I don't know of any kits anywhere. Thought maybe one of you guys might.

Also, any body have a link to 223 mags?

ORF
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:37:23 PM EDT
[#2]
UGH! At that price, i'd be better off to get one of the romys form SOG or century at $330 ready to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:06:24 PM EDT
[#3]
That is about the cheapest you are going to get an AK kit in .223 as of now.  That's just how it is.  Bulgarian ones at K-VAR when they have them are even going to cost you more and are milled receiver kits.  You ask, that is what you get.

It would be cheaper to get a complete rifle.  In order of cost WASR-3, Saiga.223, SAR-3, Norinco .223 BWK-92, VEPR, Bulgarian Arsenal SA M-5.  There are others that are preban but going to cost more.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#4]
5.56 kits are rare birds at best, esspecially stamped gun configs, luckily I own one.

Honestly buy a SAR 3, redo the barrel, bolt, and carrier then your good to go. Throw a sidefolder on it and you have a stamped 5.56.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:00:29 AM EDT
[#5]
DPHARMS will have some Bulg 556 krink kits (new parts) in March.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:36:03 AM EDT
[#6]
k-var will have kits...normally...and yes they are about that much or more....i bought a siaga that i found in one dealer....under two hundred....made at ishmas....shoots much better than i expected......not sorry at all....only issue is mags......check the sar 3`s as suggested....atlantic firearms usually can hook you up.....or get a well built arsenal rifle.....best way for 223 ak imo......................                                                                                                                                                        p-s......the k-var kits go fast.....even at that price
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:38:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Are they going to have barrels?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:08:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yeah, What about barrels, if you know.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Which one is SOG selling. It's listed only as AK-ROM223. I imagine it is a wasr-3
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:48:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:31:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Honestly buy a SAR 3, redo the barrel, bolt, and carrier then your good to go. Throw a sidefolder on it and you have a stamped 5.56

Redo the bolt and  carrier??????????  What are you talking about?  Is something wrong with SAR 3 bolts and carriers?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top