Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2008 5:54:02 PM EDT
Have a bending jig and press and plan on doing any bending anytime soon? I can bring beer
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:00:46 PM EDT
[#1]
2nd in line Philly area.  Have 12 ton press, no jig
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:19:55 PM EDT
[#2]
pm sent to you guys with info............
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:07:58 PM EDT
[#3]
where in eastern pa? im 15 miles below Easton along the delaware river
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Im about 15 miles north of Allentown
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:35:47 PM EDT
[#5]
so around the slatington area? use the new tapco flats, they make building go alot faster. i have a 12 ton press, 555th flat jig, bolt cutter riviter, barrel press in jig, trigger guard jigs and 220v spot welder, oxy acet torch and i love beer (lol). when are you looking to build one?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:05:38 PM EDT
[#6]
damn you're good lol. Actually im just outside Palmerton. Before i moved here tho i lived right outside Slatington off 873!
I need to order the rest of my parts next week so sometime after that. Just tell me what kind of beer is preferred and i can definitly handle that lol Which flats would you recomend with or without trunion holes?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in the Horsham/Willow Grove area, will drive wherever needed.  I don't have a garage, just a workshop otherwise I'd invite y'all over.  I need to bend/weld/heat treat 1 or 2 flats.  I can do the assembly later at home.

I can bring my bolt cutter rivet tool and even my 12t press if needed, and help out as I can.

I know of another guy local that would probably be interested as well.  I also have 2 cases of homebrew beer that will be ready in 7-10 days to share
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm in the Horsham/Willow Grove area, will drive wherever needed.  I don't have a garage, just a workshop otherwise I'd invite y'all over.  I need to bend/weld/heat treat 1 or 2 flats.  I can do the assembly later at home.

I can bring my bolt cutter rivet tool and even my 12t press if needed, and help out as I can.

I know of another guy local that would probably be interested as well.  I also have 2 cases of homebrew beer that will be ready in 7-10 days to share

I'm that local guy , even though my location shows NC I really live in PA for the summers since I'm a student.  Bethlehem PA area, thought I work in Coopersburg and up in Jim Thorpe so I'm always driving between those places, so driving for me is not a problem

I've got 2 fully demilled kits, 2 100% receivers, and will shortly have everything needed for the build thanks to win1200riot.  

ETA: if anyone wants to work on AR15's I have all the AR specific tools, all that is needed is a bench vice.  I've got a GI barrel wrench, spanner stock wrench, and upper receiver block with insert
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Shoot me an email when you plan on doing this, have a few flats and kits that need building.
And yes chevy2, this is checkeye .... :)
do i know you ????
LOL
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Im in the Lehighton/Palmerton/Slatington area very often, and would be very interested in attending a build party. I can bring a 12 ton press, drill press  and other tools, as well as my knowledge of building about 1/2 dozen AKs. I really just need access to a rivet jig, so I wont be hogging up a lot of your time, and Id be glad to help anyone else who needs it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Holy crap lol i'll keep you in the loop i can't get away from the checkeye guy Did you paint your car yet? Im sanding away on mine hopefully this summer i'll get it sprayed
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:28:34 PM EDT
[#12]
LOL ...
No car painting, still a heap of shell and parts through out garages, sheds and the house ..
Big surprise ... I am doing something this summer though, it will leave the garage either on its own power or from the tow truck.  Tired of not having the space for other projects.

I have a 110V spot welder with the tongue extension for the siderails, a 12 ton press, a bolt cutter but not the modified jaws needed for rivets.  Also have a mig welder but its not too portable.

Let me know what else may be needed and i'll try to get it together.  I'm also next in line for the jig rental over on the AK Files, maybe that will show up and we would have two jigs... mass production ..... Thanks !
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#13]
John (whiterocket) is having a pigroast at his place on saturday night. Come up! He lives north of my parents off 309 towards New Ringold. Not sure who all from the original crew will be there but i will, Toe, John, Alex "usually" shows too.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Hi All Im just north of Philly in Hatfield in need of everything except the trigger gaurd fixture. I would be very interested in bending at least 1 flat to finnish a Romey G . I do have 1 romy G and Yugo M70 built on NDS receivers Let me Know if anybody can help and what beer to bring.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#15]
chevy2
email me some directions, I'll try to come up.  
I think Michael is coming this weekend too, he's a lil taller than you may remember... HeWould be cool to see you and Toe again ...

thanks !
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#16]
damn!---lots of you guys close---I am in Wind Gap---I have flats, and a bending jig----and kits of course, but I am all thumbs-----if we can get something going---count me in---I'll bring whatever you need
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#17]
height=8
Quoted:
email me some directions, I'll try to come up.  

Sent you a pm thru here
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#18]
10-4
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top