Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 5:48:14 PM EDT
It has been a few years since I have shot an AK74. I purchased a romanian in 1998 and the accuracy was bad(I know AK's are not terribly accurate but this one was really bad). The 5.45 round is interesting to me and I figure that I gor a bad import.  Yesterday I purchased a VEPRII with a muzzle brake in 5.45X39 from tejas gunwerks in Austin. I am impressed with the fit and finish and most especially the longer stock. Do any of you have a VEPRII or VEPR K in this chambering? How is the recoil and the accuracy(I plan to shoot mine open sight.  It is nice to be able to have the windage and elevation adjustments on the rear sight. Most AK stocks are too short  would appreciate your feedback.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one just like yours. Bought it used. Someone added a buffer and a mojo sight. It would jam with the buffer. Got rid of the buffer and it runs 100% Recoil is non existant. 5.45 has little recoil anyway but the extra weight of the vepr makes it like a .22 or less. I have several rifles in 5.45 and the vepr is my favorite. My other vepr is .308. They are both very fine weapons. The only down side is the weight. For an AK they are heavy. CB
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top