Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/23/2005 1:51:03 PM EDT
Just finished my first AK build (Romanian) and I'm headed out tomorrow to try it out. Was looking at it last night and even though the front rivets look ok, I could not help but think there was always the possibility that they might loosen during actual firing.

Anyone ever had this happen?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#1]
ive seen it on a fac rommy befor
i have to say its yary uncommin tho ive only seen it 1 time  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I don't know why I got so nervous about it. But I'll find out for sure tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:30:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Anyone ever had this happen?

If you have to egg out pre stamped holes, it could happen. Put a dab of JB-weld on the rivet shank before crushing. For insurance.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:19:25 AM EDT
[#4]
No egg shaped holes. As a matter of fact, I was very pleased at the way everything went as far as alignment when drilling the holes and removing old rivets. I used the old receiver sides as a template on where to drill the new receiver.

Also, just as an FYI, I ran around 200 rounds through the AK last Saturday, no loose rivets. Had a few other problems dealing with interference with the hammer/bolt/bolt carrier and the bolt carrier being tight on the receiver in places. Should have taken care of these before, but was hoping some of the tightness/interference would wear in. It's all taken care of now.  

I ended up grinding quite a bit of material off the hammer.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top