BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/16/2006 2:43:56 PM EDT
not to start some flame war, but............

i hope nobody takes offense, but like those "types" (usually) that drive BMW are utterly unlike those that drive a Volvo or VW......

my subjective consensus of the Snotty-meter of uppity gun nutz:

worst to better>>>>

worst>>owners/fans of HKs, namely the p7M8 (owned a few of them)

next worst>> $10,000 over/under shotguns

little less >>> Full auto Uzi chat board members.......(no comment)

little less still>> toss up between high-end 1911 fans and AR15 fans

least>>> AK47 fans.

im sure somebody will massively correct me

Link Posted: 10/16/2006 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Just because i'm a smartass doesn't mean i'm uppity.

Ohio hometown shooters feel free to chime in =P.
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 3:02:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I would put C&R enthusiasts at an even lower "uppity" level, as we're too poor to talk shit.  hen
All that being said, I sure think AK guys are not all that "uppity".  The AK is too cheap (most of the time) for us to be snobs.  But, we also have our fair share of mall ninja types......so who knows.  I find those guys worse than any sort of gun snob.  At least the gun snobs have some claim to superiority through their massively expensive guns that we all secretly want; the ninjas have nothing but their tactical plastic crap, their ridiculous camo garb, and their delusions about how "sweet" they are.

Rock on.
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 3:04:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I noticed that too. I noticed the same thing about people that drive Yugos and drink generic beer. I wonder if there is any connection?
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I dont drive a BMW, I ride one.
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#6]
i stuck my foot in my mouth when i started this post, no offense on any side intended

Lou costello "ive been a baaaaaad boy"

humble appologies
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quite frankly, I am uppity regardless. I do not have the cheapest, nor the most expensive weapons, but I am proud of what I have. I can act uppity because of the fact that I am able own firearms. However, I will not point my nose in the air to someone who can only buy cheap weapons. Conversely, I will not bow my head to someone who owns ultra-expensive weapons. I am proud to have everything I own. I do not own a real HK91 G3, but I do have my JLD PTR-91 that is just a good (and cheaper). I do not own a Colt AR or 1911, but I do have a DPMS Panther, a RRA/STAG M4gery, and a Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II that I am proud to have. I do not have an Bulgarian Arsenal AK (milled), but I do have a Bulgarian built Armory USA/Global Trades SSR-85C-2 that is a wonderful AK in its own right. There are a few others I have not mentioned, but I am just a proud to have them. In conclusion, I would probably agree that the amount one spends on their weapons, determines their degree of "uppitiness". It would be termed as the "Hey, look at what I have" syndrom.
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 3:51:36 PM EDT
[#8]
You missed FAL owners, which are just above AKs, and M14/M1A owners which are just above FALs
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Bolt action Remington 700 owners (especially any "tactical" or "police" model).....

They're near the top.  Can't stand them at the range at least.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#10]
height=8
Quoted:
I would put C&R enthusiasts at an even lower "uppity" level, as we're too poor to talk shit.  
Us SKS owners are about as humble as you get. I did step up a notch in snob world when I put my AK on LAY-AWAY.
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I would put C&R enthusiasts at an even lower "uppity" level, as we're too poor to talk shit.  

Yep.   It's kind of hard to be uppity when you're happy as a clam about the beat to shit, 80 year old rifles you picked up for $100 each.   Speaking of which, I just bought a K31 in great condition for $125 and an M39 in decent condition for $170.

Link Posted: 10/16/2006 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow.  I am the King of uppity !!!!!!!!

I own 2 BMW's and 5 HK's.  

We scoff at you, peon.  This post is beneath us.  We shall now return to HKPro.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#13]
i buy what i can afford, and what i like based on functionality and looks. ak's are right in my line of price, looks and reliability. great freakin guns.
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
i buy what i can afford, and what i like based on functionality and looks. ak's are right in my line of price, looks and reliability. great freakin guns.

+1...I buy what I can afford and what I like.  I don't buy weapons because I think they're a social status.  I have a factory HK-91, a Colt AR-15 LE6920, an Arsenal SLR-105a1R, a Yugo SKS, a Mosin M44, a Ruger  10/22, and a few hunting rifles.  I have a SLR-106 FR on the way and also a Vector underfolder.  I also want a HK P7M8 and a HK USP-T .45 when I get around to it.  I'm by no means a snob...I buy rifles because I think they're functional and they are fun.  My HK does nothing a PTR won't do.  My Colt AR does nothing a RRA won't do.  My 105 does nothing a SAR-2 won't do.  I buy the ones I like though.  AK's are perfect for me right now since tuition & rent kills my gun funds.  The AUG's and HK-94's will have to wait until I graduate...but I'm happy with what I have now.
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#15]
ask the russians about Afghanistan.......arabs with rusty beat up AK47s.....

M. Kalashnikov's inventions killed far more folks then all the bombs in WWII and the Nukes on Japan combined.

In Africa alone, the Grim reaper should have not a Scythe in his grips, but an AK47.

......I lived in Soviet Russia for 4 years.....im a former Russian translator...worked for US Govt.

i was a dumbarse for not bringing back all the pins and stuff that had AK47s on them.

i think the most uppity ones are those that reload for this Rem bolt actions while AT THE RANGE,......bring their digital calipers....... ugghhh  
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#16]
AK "collectors" can be very uppity. I've noticed three types of AK owners.

1. The "Shooter". Doesn't give a shit if you like his gun or not, he uses what works best  for him.

2. The "Collector". He wants to have his rifles as authentic to real world types as possible.

3. The "Sandy Twat". He spends more time bitching about you putting an Eotech and a collapsible stock on your rifle, than actually shooting his own.
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

1. The "Shooter". Doesn't give a shit if you like his gun or not, he uses what works best  for him.

2. The "Collector". He wants to have his rifles as authentic to real world types as possible.

3. The "Sandy Twat". He spends more time bitching about you putting an Eotech and a collapsible stock on your rifle, than actually shooting his own.tinypic.com/k4y2y8.gif

I have expensive AK that I don't like to take out of the safe. Even had to take the sling off because it might scratch something.

But my cheap AKs that I gladly would throw in a puddle and don't worry about if the stock gets scratched and get to shoot all the time; guess which AK I have the most fun with
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

3. The "Sandy Twat". He spends more time bitching about you putting an Eotech and a collapsible stock on your rifle, than actually shooting his own.tinypic.com/k4y2y8.gif

Ohhhhh, my dear lord, where did you get that last graphic icon????  its Precious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i almost popped my eyeballs out when i saw it

the "authentic ak" stuff is a joke to me, i agree......its an assault rifle......
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 7:35:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Im a good mix of uppity and approachable. I just like a bargain period, and will not buy a brand name unless they are measurably better than the standard fare.

I own 2 AKs 3 ARs 4 glocks (well one is a sw99)...a couple C&Rs and somebird guns.

I have found the AKs a Arsonal SA M7 (snob AK)and MAK 90 to be the go to rifles for survival. in my imagination.

The ARs are the practice guns  because they are fun and accurate. I love the fact that they are more accurate than I am.

The CRs are great for fun plinking in 308, and 8mm

The shotguns are there to fight to the rifles.

Ammo is my main stock up on issue right now.

Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:11:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Im a leader of assholes...

Just ask the WAHTF
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 3:33:19 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Anyone else notice that AK47 people are, well, less uppity?

No, I don't find that to be true at all.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 3:46:49 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
tinypic.com/k4y28.gif

No boobs or liptick...Its two boy smileys.....EWWWW!

High Power guy are near the top

Small Bore guys are at the top.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 7:08:31 AM EDT
[#23]
It seems to me that the most truly uppity folks at the range are the ones shooting custom bolt actions from full rests with either a plastic box of handloads or sometimes even their handloading gear with them.   They ussually shoot about once every five minutes and spend the rest of the time glaring at the untermenschen surrounding them.

If you happen to have the misfortune of shooting next to one of these snobs, they'll look at you in horror every time you fire or eject a cartridge in fear that your spent brass might somehow land in their vicinity.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 7:30:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Don't know about you, but I'm seeing alot more uppity AK owners of late.

"My safety selector scratches my finish....waaaaaaahh"

I'm suprized we haven't heard from the Vepr Mafia yet with their sporterized AK's.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 7:31:42 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
It seems to me that the most truly uppity folks at the range are the ones shooting custom bolt actions from full rests with either a plastic box of handloads or sometimes even their handloading gear with them.   They ussually shoot about once every five minutes and spend the rest of the time glaring at the untermenschen surrounding them.

If you happen to have the misfortune of shooting next to one of these snobs, they'll look at you in horror every time you fire or eject a cartridge in fear that your spent brass might somehow land in their vicinity.

But they dont have the balls to say anything to you...Because you can bump a full mag into them before they have a chance to site in on you with thier 2500 nightforce scope....Let alone hand load one round into thier single shot 9000 dollar 24" fluted heavy barrell remington700 in an AICS stock.....

But you guys left out one type of shooter....THe Elmer fudd muzzle loader who thinks your a commie, and some kinda militia member for having a rifle that can shoot more than one round at a time...and is not a .22

ETA. Drobs be glad you posted that while I was typing.....We dont have to argue the fact anymore....we know VEPRs are the best...and we arent afraid to get em scratched.....
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 7:37:47 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Don't know about you, but I'm seeing alot more uppity AK owners of late.

"My safety selector scratches my finish....waaaaaaahh"

I'm suprized we haven't heard from the Vepr Mafia yet with their sporterized AK's.

Eat a turd, drobs. J/K. I agree with you, there are alot of crybabies on here worried about scratches and if the colors between their pistol grips and buttstocks match or not.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 7:45:49 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Ohhhhh, my dear lord, where did you get that last graphic icon????  its Precious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I got it off of drob's Myspace page. The whole thing looks like this: Combat_Jack><drobs
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Wow, I didn't think you guys were that down on us precision rifle guys with our Remington 700s.  Maybe I don't get much grief from AK guys since I almost always have an AK or 2 two propped up by the truck when I'm shooting my long range precision rifles.  They are great fun to blast away with while I'm waiting for the barrel to cool off when shooting strings with my Remys.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#29]
This from a guy that claims Yugo Ak's are the best and Romy's are 2nd class?

You still have not produced a pic of your 2 F/A Uzi's and 11 Yugos.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#30]
I have both, does that make  me Schizophrenic?
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:45:16 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

worst>>owners/fans of HKs, namely the p7M8 (owned a few of them)

next worst>> $10,000 over/under shotguns

little less >>> Full auto Uzi chat board members.......(no comment)

little less still>> toss up between high-end 1911 fans and AR15 fans

least>>> AK47 fans.

The only other group I've hung out with was the AR guys, and I can see your point even from there.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#32]
When someone gets shot with an AR, M14, FAL they will turn around at laugh at you and tell you get a real gun and come back and shoot me again, when they get shot with an AK they go down, AK Rules
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 4:40:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
When someone gets shot with an AR, M14, FAL they will turn around at laugh at you and tell you get a real gun and come back and shoot me again, when they get shot with an AK they go down, AK Rules

You know, I'm against gun control of any kind ... but you do make a good case for a mandatory IQ test to own a firearm.

Link Posted: 10/17/2006 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#34]
i opened up a can of worms, humble appologies.

the worst snobbery however, ive ever heard are from

A: the UZI people

B: the HKP7 "crowd"

no offense to anyone if you own one :D   cause i own them both as well.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know, I'm against gun control of any kind ... but you do make a good case for a mandatory IQ test to own a firearm.

It's absolutely nothing there to take seriously, but there have been about 5-6 threads where ARFCOMmers have argued the merits and jeers of our beloved assault rifles.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 4:59:27 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please no IQ testes cause I would definitely fail.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 5:03:52 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyone else notice that AK47 people are, well, less uppity?

No, I don't find that to be true at all.

Agreed, the "authenticity" types are worse than HK purists.

At least HK purists won't give you shit for putting a Swedish or American optic on your German rifle.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 5:11:43 PM EDT
[#38]
I notice most HK freaks are usually the silver spoon type. They buy it for the name and value and almost never shoot them or even know anything about them other than what they read on the net or in magazines.

As far as the least uppity would be home builders. They are happy with almost anything as long it runs and is built to hold up well.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:32:12 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Just because i'm a smartass doesn't mean i'm uppity.

Ohio hometown shooters feel free to chime in =P.

Where you from drinksalot?

I have a feeling akers are less uppity because you don't have to drop a grand to own one, and we want everyone to own one.  :D
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:23:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:05:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:10:44 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's absolutely nothing there to take seriously, but there have been about 5-6 threads where ARFCOMmers have argued the merits and jeers of our beloved assault rifles.  

A thousand apologies, Cobra-AK!

Apparently I need an IQ test.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:16:05 AM EDT
[#43]
I have noticed a 'pecking order' not only with the AR crowd, but also with handguns. The S&W crowd snub Taurus, Rossi, or Dan Wessons. SIG people think they own the world. Kimber fans hate ALL other .45's. I just smile, and outshoot them all.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#44]
When it comes to AK crowd I agree they are the least uppity of all. I am in their ranks with a Romy WASR 10 and i have yet to clean it or do anything for it other than feed it Wolf ammo and it goes bang when I pull the trigger. I do clean my G17 but AK's just fun as hell to shoot and my POS can put rounds down range as well as those $2000+ M700's or HK's. I an looking to purchase another AR soon or maybe a M1A but right now my AK and G17 are good.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I have noticed a 'pecking order' not only with the AR crowd, but also with handguns. The S&W crowd snub Taurus, Rossi, or Dan Wessons. SIG people think they own the world. Kimber fans hate ALL other .45's. I just smile, and outshoot them all.  

I gave up on SIGS after my $1200.00 Sig Target SPORT model P229 came from the factory with a messed up problem

what?? When i pulled the trigger, 1 out of 5 times, the hammer wouldnt drop.

No crap, honest to goodness.. Im standing there with the trigger burried and the hammer wont fall.

the Sig rep thought it was funny..... these are the ALL GERMAN target models supposedly tested and retested......

$1200.00 piece of crap.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:44:35 PM EDT
[#46]
AK folks less uppity? They seem to have the most "purist" "my way is the only way" mentality. While no one cares what you put on an AR, put something on an AK that Kalashnikov didn't personaly design, and it's a shitstorm.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#47]
I dunno know about that.

Mention putting a Tapco stock on a $300 AK style rifle and many of them members here turn into style-obsessed Junior High schoolgirls, bashing those that don't have the nicest type or "approved" hardware.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#48]

SIG people think they own the world. Kimber fans hate ALL other .45's. I just smile, and outshoot them all.

I'm a SIG guy (7 of them currently), and there are some snob SIG owners. That said, not all of us are. I carried a SIG 228 while out and about this morning, and a Taurus Mellinium Pro PT-111 all afternoon & evening. As long as they are reliable I like them!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Yeah I have to agree that ak owners are the snobs. We are americans,act like it! AR All the way baby! Ok ak guys now let me have it!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Own what you like. Fire and maintain what you own. Help others with with what you know and learn. It is shooting. Share. When in doubt, ask for help and teach that to others.

I have a lot of guns that need help and want to buy some that I may need help with.

Good Grief we are not in competition with one anther. If we were I would never have signed on to this site.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top