Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/28/2003 7:04:31 AM EDT
I dont see any posts pertaining to this rifle...

Anyone else want to help out a new Romak-3 owner and tell me how I put my money into the wrong rifle or anything?...
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:15:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Got an NDM and a Romak-3. Haven't shot either of them yet (no time/opportunity). Go to www.gunsnet.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=507
for the most lively discussions of the Drags that I've found. Most people here think Drags are only found in San Francisco.

CW
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:17:51 AM EDT
[#2]
LOL thanks for the link... I will certainly check it out...
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:38:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one and like it quite a bit.  I swapped the trigger group on mine for an RSA trigger, which made things MUCH better.  Even though I have no intention of making it into a pistol gripped gun, the RSA trigger is better than the OEM.  

They aren't super-dolomite accurate.  If you had your heart set on nailing a fly at 1000m like your varmit Remchester, it's not going to happen.  What they are is much more accutate than an average AK.  They fill basically a designated marksman type role.  Something that allows a squad to engage targets with better accuracy, and range.  Real-world accuracy on the Romak-3 is about the same as any other service rifle class, like a FAL or M-14.

The optical sight is sturdy and helps out quite a bit in it's intended role.  The sights are really quite useable, and because of the long sight radius, it really does well with iron sights.  

The ammo is the key to the gun.  Try different kinds and see what it likes.  Mine will shoot the Czech silvertip quite well.  Most report the same.  Russian fodder will open the groups up to twice the size.  Everything else is between.  So if you don't get good results with one spam can of ammo, try a different country.  The best approach is to buy some of every kind you can find and try them out and see what it likes, then buy a can or two of that stuff.

The 7.62x54R is a serious round as well.  It's similar in power to the .30-06, the case is shorter but fatter and carries about as much powder.  Needless to say, you won't be wanting in the power department.  You could reload, and probably see some great results, but with surplus ammo so cheap, I haven't gotten around to it.

The barrel on the gun is reletively thin, so as it heats up the groups open up as well.  So take that into consideration during any zeroing and testing ammo.  

There are so many different scopes that fit the rails that you need a notebook to keep track of them.  I have a 4x on mine, and I'd like a higher magnification.  Many of the ones today are sold with 6x or 8x scopes and this would be better.  I'll probably swap mine out one of these days.

Mags are very expensive, but for it's mission you shouldn't need too many.

It's a good gun and a great gun for the price.  It's no Dragunov, but it dosen't carry that kind of price tag either.  

Ross
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:53:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I dont see any posts pertaining to this rifle...

Anyone else want to help out a new Romak-3 owner and tell me how I put my money into the wrong rifle or anything?...http://burns.thefinaldimension.org/contrib/blackeye/hihi.gif

You done good!!!!!!
I have a TIGER also.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top