Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/17/2004 9:08:11 PM EST
I am interested in picking up the ar15 telestock and adapter for my MAK90. I was just wondering if anyone has one of these or has tried one.

I think my MAK90 with a ar15 telestock, m16 style pistol grip, and a 3 rail mount with some goodies should look very interesting. What you think?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:41:20 PM EST
I have one on my SAR-1. It works pretty well for me. It's definitly something a bit different than what most people would do with an AK.

This is what mine looks like:
http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=1232233
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:49:17 PM EST
Damn man that is awesome. And almost exactly what I'm wanting to do...including the ultimak rail. Does it feel pretty good when you shoot it? How many positions is it adjustable?

BTW does that stripper clip POS work for you? I bought one and I can only get it to work maybe 1 outta 4 times if that. So I stopped using it. I may get a LULU loader.

Also is that the B-square bi-pod? The one that connects between the barrel and gas tube? Does it fold back? I want a bi-pod but no some POS that I have to take on/off all the time.

BTW thats a sweet lineup....plenty of clips and ammunition to last you through a small war!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:01:48 PM EST
The stock is a foru position CAR style. It works fine enough, I don't need the 6-position.

The stripper clip loader isn't a great item, which is why you see a LULA next to it. I bought the clip feeder long before the LULA's came out and I can see no reason to get rid of it.

The bi-pod is just a cheap POS I picked up at the gun show. It doesn't fold, it's the type you have to take off and put back on. Again, like the clip feeder, it functions well enough for my purposes. Maybe I'll replace it in the future, but not yet.

Yeah, I've got a few rounds of ammo, but I need a case or two more. Maybe even a few more mags/drums.

The front vertical grip is mounted in such a way that I can operate the Surefire G2 without having to take my hand off the grip.

One thing you may notice in the pic that I recommend is the MagPuls. The 5.56 ones will stretch to fit on an AK mag. Get them, you won't be disappointed. Also, if you haven't done so already, get the notched, extended safety lever. It makes it possible to operate the safety without taking your hand off the pistol grip.

The next mods to this rifle will be a GG&G rail-mount sling thing on the left rail, with a CQB/Specter tactical sling, an EOTech 511 on the UltiMak, and a threaded barrel with a slant cut brake.

The AK - replacing the AR as the new lego rifle.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:32:34 PM EST
Does that LULU loader work well? I'm tired of tearing up the skin on my thumbs loading mags.

I just want to throw together something that will baffle most people. I mean you don't see a ak47 everyday that has a telestock, red dot, vert grip, bi-pod, and a flash light or two lol.

I was gonna buy a ar15 next but I may save up for a pistol. Since I will be turning 21 before to long I thought I'd get that and my permit.

I only have 3 30 round clips and a 10 round clip....damn what am I gonna do?

What good are those magpuls?? I thought about getting one of those safety levers...they are really easy to install.

I'm not exactly sure what is next. I just ordered a g2 trigger group and a U.S. gas piston...gonna get my 5 U.S. parts before I put a pistol grip on mine. To bad I bought the choate dragunov stock..if I would have known I would have waited.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:16:34 AM EST
The LULA is the bomb!! It is the best 20 bucks I ever spent on a firearm accessory!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:18:54 AM EST
The LULA works like a charm. The first time you use it, you'll fall in love and wonder why you wasted somuch time getting one. If you shoot often or shoot a lot, you owe it to your thumb to invest the $25.

The MagPuls are for doing speedy reloads. They make for an easier time getting the mags out of pouches. The case I use for my SAR has fairly tight mag pockets on it. Without the MagPuls, it's a struggle to pull them out. Not so with the MagPuls.

You definitly need more MAGAZINES. (Clips are those little things that hold 10 rounds to make loading your mags easier. Some folks, especially Garand afficianados, will get really hot under the collar about the difference.)

The safety lever was very easy to install. It was in in less than a minute. The G2 can be a different story. TAPCO doesn't include instructions with it. Red Star Arms has instructions on their site, as a PDF file, for their FCG. Use it. Just go to www.RedStarArms.com , click on the AK-47 link to the upper left, scroll down til you find their FCG and the installation instructions can be accessed there. (Also, after you get your G2, call or e-mail TAPCO and tell them you had to use RSA's site to install it. Hopefully, if enough people do so, they will start including instructions in the future.)

Te five U.S.parts are fairly easy. The G2 counts, a U.S. pistol grip counts, the gas piston, Mag followers count and they are cheap and easy to replace (2.50 each from TAPCO).

The flashlight on mine is a Surefire G2, mounted using a First Samco/Fobus picatinny rail adapter.

Have fun.
Frank
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:49:06 AM EST
Great looking AK!

Please tell us about:

1. How you mounted the vertical fore-grip, and

2. The rail system.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:16:14 AM EST
SWEET!!! That's exactly what I want to do with mine. If I only had the money.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:18:48 AM EST
OEF_VET:
how do you like the stock adptor? is yours made of plastic? if so, how rugged is it and do you think it would survive dropping it on the buttstock, etc.? also, to everyone else, if you can answer these questions, please join in. thanks in advance to all.
mp
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:20:26 AM EST
Top Top