Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/2/2004 7:05:08 PM EDT
Has anyone attempted this? It doesn't seem too hard, but maybe I'm missing something. I have a hard to fit MAADI slant cut reciever, that's why I inquire to make my own.........

archer2
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:27:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Some guy on gunsnet was making one from plyood of all things. Actually didn't look too bad after it was sanded. Never did get to see pics of the finished item.
He used a standard stock as a template and cut it out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:55:45 AM EDT
[#2]
yea I made one the other day on a whim I used a angle grinder with 60 grit metal grinding dist and a scotch brite disk to do most of the work as well as a chisel cordless drill sand paper and a small hand saw. I basicly traced the shape off the one I had got it close and chiseled and sanded untill it fit no problem I took maybe 3-4 hours I didnt drill the hole for the cleaning kit (no bit) the biggiest bitch was the channel cut if you have a router table or a milling machine this would be a snap I used the drill and a burr bit and ended up breaking off one of the sides I just glued it back on. most of my tools are for metal but it was fairly easy I didnt like the shape /wieght of the one that was on there the wood was just a piece of 4x4 sticker from a pallet it came out ok  it would come out much better the second time also I would use a better piece of wood

edit ;pics of stock I refinshed and made the pistol grip{nice piece of wood) and made the brake and welded the tab on the selector whatever

go here and snoop around all the pictures say ak-somethig
pics
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top