Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/10/2006 10:57:05 AM EST
Well I have hit a snag with my builds. I had planned on buying a spot welder this month after my welder guy flaked out on me. But finanaces got REAL tight this month as soem things unexpected came up and it might be awhile before they loosen up to buy a welder. SO with that in my mind I was just wonderng if there are any other options available to me for securing the rails to the receiver? That is all I need to do to finsh besdies riveting them together. I guess I could put a sopt welder on the card but those have been paid off for many months now and don't really want a CC balance again. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:54:41 AM EST
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:47:27 PM EST
Thanks Dale, but I am not sure that is within my ability.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:46:26 PM EST
Go to a build party that has one?

SRM
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:05:45 PM EST
If looks arent all that important, you can use tinners rivets from the hardware store. I built my beat around truck gun that way. Its been knocking around in the back of my truck for over a year and gets shot now and then. Still runs fine.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:19:00 PM EST
Perhaps a little unethical but you could pick one up at Harbor Freight (if you have one near by, there's one in PDX). Save the receipt, use the welder and then take it back before the 30 day "no questions asked" return policy ends.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:10:24 AM EST

Originally Posted By tapeo1:
Perhaps a little unethical but you could pick one up at Harbor Freight (if you have one near by, there's one in PDX). Save the receipt, use the welder and then take it back before the 30 day "no questions asked" return policy ends.

Thats just wrong

But not a bad idea
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:31:27 AM EST
hhmmmmmm
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:30:22 PM EST
That probably wont work since you need to modify the tong to fit inside your receiver.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:06:01 PM EST

Originally Posted By d10skeens:
That probably wont work since you need to modify the tong to fit inside your receiver.

That's a good point. Maybe you could try saying something like "WTF, this tong was all modified and stuff, you must have given me a welder that someone else returned. I want my money back!"
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:14:26 PM EST

That's a good point. Maybe you could try saying something like "WTF, this tong was all modified and stuff, you must have given me a welder that someone else returned. I want my money back!"

Go straight to jail. Dont pass go. Dont collect $200.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:22:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By ozzy_the_nuke:

Go straight to jail. Dont pass go. Dont collect $200.

Nooooo! Not the Harbor Freight Jail! They'll never take me alive!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:48:48 PM EST
Tong mods

Get the welder from HF, do what Toten Kopf did using a piece of copper tubing and mig welding tip and you won't have to mod the lower tong. Weld your rails then take it back.

or find someone near you and split the cost.
Top Top