Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/8/2002 1:12:47 PM EDT
I think this may be my first AK, any of you guys own one made by them out in Vegas? Also what exactly is the LEGP and when will it be ready to look at and purchase? Thanks for all the help!
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 1:23:15 PM EDT
I have an Arsenal SA M-7. It is a fine rifle. Fit and finish is superb. The action is smooth as glass. Functions perfectly. You won't be disappointed if you decide to go this route. BTW, you do know the LEGP is made by a different outfit?

Bradd

P.S.- In case you are interested, I am selling my SA M-7 here...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=93&t=139918

It's a fine rifle, but is a little heavy for my tastes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 3:27:14 PM EDT
I'm probably one of their biggest cheer leaders.

I honestly haven't seen a better over the counter AK available to US civillians in the 15 years I've been buying, shooting, and selling AK's.

Here are is the link to some pictures of Arsenal Inc's AK's that have come through my shop. These are not touched up, right out of the box/off the shelf. Included is a SA-M7S, a Classic and a RPK.

http://album.gunsnet.net/showalbum.php?aid=168&uuid=templar

I personally own a Classic and a RPK, and I bought a standard SA-M7 for my father when they first became available last year.

The SA-M7 is a clone of the current Bulgarian military issue AK, and it uses a forged and milled receiver (AK-47 style), AKM style barrel, and AK-74 gas system. The Bulgarians call it the AK-47M1.

The Classic is just that, a clone of the classic milled receiver AK-47 as it would come out of a factory in say 1951. The RPK is a clone of the Bulgarian military squad auto. They use a milled receiver, while the rest of the former Warsaw Pact countries used a reinforced stamped receiver for their RPK.

Arsenal Inc. is only making 300 of the RPK's and 250 of the Classics. I've been advised that they are totally out of RPK's though.

Here are some pics of my personal Classic and RPK.

This is Arsenal Inc's website- http://www.arsenalinc.com/index1.html

And Arsenal Kazanlak Bulgaria's website, you can compare the products...and with the excception of the go-fast position of the safety, they are practically identical- http://www.arsenal-bg.com/main.htm

The rifles produced here in the US are built by Bulgarian technicians sent over from Arsenal Kazanlak with the blueprints and machinery to build the receivers and firecontrol parts, and then final assembly is done in the US.

I don't really see how someone could go wrong with these rifles. Yes, the SA-M7 is a hodgepodge of design characteristics, but it is still an authentic reproduction of a real military rifle. The Classic is about as real as it gets.

Link Posted: 9/8/2002 3:45:50 PM EDT
These guys at Aresnal make hands down the BEST Factory US-AK varients ever. The SAM-7 is probably better than the pre-89 Polytech and Norinco models when comparing price Vs. performance. Really nice rifles. I just wish that more people would call and write them also asking for a 5.45x39.5 model(with the 74 break of course)
Oh well, until then I guess I will save for the Krebs model.

JerrY
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 3:52:41 PM EDT
Those pictures sure are nice! I am convinced this will be my first AK, unless I find something else to drool over. Too bad about the limited quanities, I really like the shorter one I believe its a Carbine (classic version) Hey Bradd I wont be getting one for awhile, so im sure yours will be gone by then, My wife says buying a house is more important (its our first one) so maybe I'll have to sneak one in, they all look the same to her.. After reading all the post regarding Ak why not AR, I've really had the need for one (AK), the thoughts of an AR becoming in-operatable from some sand, kind of scares me, but I still like it I must admit. Everywhere I've read says pretty much the same thing about the AK, They are extremely reliable! So it will be my first out of the two. Also regarding the LEGP (think thats right) I know its made or going to be made by some outfit other then arsenal, sounds pretty interesting from the post regarding it! Thanks again for the replies! Helps a Newbie like me out bigtime! Take care
Top Top