Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/21/2004 2:25:03 PM EDT
I have been searching for a FFL dealer to handle a transfer for me in central Louisiana for the past few days. For a V-47U from Atlantic Firearms, actually.
Anyway, I've called a couple of gunshops in the area and I can just hear in their voices the distain when I mention that it is an AK style rifle I'm looking to get. "What do you want a gun like that for?" is what one gunstore clerk actually asked me. Arrogant ASSES! he
So, anyone know any reputable dealers in Louisiana?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:28:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have been searching for a FFL dealer to handle a transfer for me in central Louisiana for the past few days. For a V-47U from Atlantic Firearms, actually.
Anyway, I've called a couple of gunshops in the area and I can just hear in their voices the distain when I mention that it is an AK style rifle I'm looking to get. "What do you want a gun like that for?" is what one gunstore clerk actually asked me. Arrogant ASSES!

Sure, I could just let it roll off my back and get the rifle through someone like that, but I would rather pay an extra 10-20 buck and drive an extra hour to get it through a dealer who's view of firearm collecting isn't so limited or snobbish.

Thanks.

Are you near Denham Springs ?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:29:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep,

In Lafayette. About an hour or so away.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:34:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Anyway, I've called a couple of gunshops in the area and I can just hear in their voices the distain when I mention that it is an AK style rifle I'm looking to get. "What do you want a gun like that for?" is what one gunstore clerk actually asked me. Arrogant ASSES!

Sure, I could just let it roll off my back and get the rifle through someone like that, but I would rather pay an extra 10-20 buck and drive an extra hour to get it through a dealer who's view of firearm collecting isn't so limited or snobbish.

Thanks.

I have no suggestions as to who to go to- but I'd just like to say: GOOD ON YOU!

I can't understand why anyone would judge the ownership of any particular make or class of firearm.... LET ALONE WHEN THE PERSON JUDGING THE FIREARM IN QUESTION IS "IN THE FIREARM BUSINESS/CULTURE".

Hope you get your AK quick and are busy burning powder soon!

Sly
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:47:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you get that name ? Let me know so I can remove it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:49:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes.

Thanks Inatree.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:30:05 PM EDT
[#7]
What about that store out across from Pergenne's (sp) Resturant. They rent full auto. I think it's
a great shop; been there twice, but can't remember name. North of Layafette on 49 (road to Alexanderia).
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#8]
www.shotgunnews.com/fflguide/
Enter your state and zip code then it will give you a list of the FFL holders in your area that will order stuff for you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:06:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What about that store out across from Pergenne's (sp) Resturant. They rent full auto. I think it's
a great shop; been there twice, but can't remember name. North of Layafette on 49 (road to Alexanderia).

Do you mean Prejean's? Great Cajun restaurant!
Sometimes I feel sorry for the rest of the country and the cuisine ya'll must endure.  Sometimes...http://www.prejeans.com/site.php
Anyway, is the store you're thinking of "Barney's Firearms"? A great facility, geared towards LEO with lots of cool toys and a very nice pistol and rifle range. I know the place, unfortunately, my experience... if it cost less than a grand, they weren't interested.
hinking.gif

I don't think I'm being too picky...I would just like to do business with someone who is just happy to have my business, and not judgmental.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:09:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Contact Precision Firearms in Baton Rouge.   They also rent out CLASS 3 weapons and have a range.  They also have a FFL sent to Ohio Ordnance Works so anotgher plus there.  

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Contact Precision Firearms in Baton Rouge.   They also rent out CLASS 3 weapons and have a range.  They also have a FFL sent to Ohio Ordnance Works so anotgher plus there.  

Thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Your welcome.

I will call them to make sure they resent their FFL.  I need a few receivers.
If you like AR15s, they seel all kinds of them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:22:58 PM EDT
[#13]
t_smith; you are correct about the cuisine in your area. It was Prejean's that I was thinking about.
Usually I plan my trips to Houston so I can stay in Beaux Bridge and eat at Mulate's.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:39:10 AM EDT
[#14]
My favorite is Redstick Firearms in Baton Rouge. class II, III sot, aow. Builders of ak & ar etc.
Just picked up my amd65 they built for me last night. Give Will a call, he'll help you out.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top