Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/21/2004 1:25:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 1:32:20 PM EST by t_smith]
I have been searching for a FFL dealer to handle a transfer for me in central Louisiana for the past few days. For a V-47U from Atlantic Firearms, actually.
Anyway, I've called a couple of gunshops in the area and I can just hear in their voices the distain when I mention that it is an AK style rifle I'm looking to get. "What do you want a gun like that for?" is what one gunstore clerk actually asked me. Arrogant ASSES! he
So, anyone know any reputable dealers in Louisiana?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:28:33 PM EST

Originally Posted By t_smith:
I have been searching for a FFL dealer to handle a transfer for me in central Louisiana for the past few days. For a V-47U from Atlantic Firearms, actually.
Anyway, I've called a couple of gunshops in the area and I can just hear in their voices the distain when I mention that it is an AK style rifle I'm looking to get. "What do you want a gun like that for?" is what one gunstore clerk actually asked me. Arrogant ASSES!

Sure, I could just let it roll off my back and get the rifle through someone like that, but I would rather pay an extra 10-20 buck and drive an extra hour to get it through a dealer who's view of firearm collecting isn't so limited or snobbish.

Thanks.

Are you near Denham Springs ?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:29:41 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 1:30:40 PM EST by t_smith]
Yep,

In Lafayette. About an hour or so away.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:33:09 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 1:54:53 PM EST by Inatree]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:34:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 1:34:37 PM EST by I-M-A-WMD]

Originally Posted By t_smith:
Anyway, I've called a couple of gunshops in the area and I can just hear in their voices the distain when I mention that it is an AK style rifle I'm looking to get. "What do you want a gun like that for?" is what one gunstore clerk actually asked me. Arrogant ASSES!

Sure, I could just let it roll off my back and get the rifle through someone like that, but I would rather pay an extra 10-20 buck and drive an extra hour to get it through a dealer who's view of firearm collecting isn't so limited or snobbish.

Thanks.

I have no suggestions as to who to go to- but I'd just like to say: GOOD ON YOU!

I can't understand why anyone would judge the ownership of any particular make or class of firearm.... LET ALONE WHEN THE PERSON JUDGING THE FIREARM IN QUESTION IS "IN THE FIREARM BUSINESS/CULTURE".

Hope you get your AK quick and are busy burning powder soon!

Sly
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:47:22 PM EST
Did you get that name ? Let me know so I can remove it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:49:06 PM EST
Yes.

Thanks Inatree.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:30:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 4:32:19 PM EST by Dredd223]
What about that store out across from Pergenne's (sp) Resturant. They rent full auto. I think it's
a great shop; been there twice, but can't remember name. North of Layafette on 49 (road to Alexanderia).
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:31:48 PM EST
www.shotgunnews.com/fflguide/
Enter your state and zip code then it will give you a list of the FFL holders in your area that will order stuff for you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:06:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 6:15:14 PM EST by t_smith]

Originally Posted By Dredd223:
What about that store out across from Pergenne's (sp) Resturant. They rent full auto. I think it's
a great shop; been there twice, but can't remember name. North of Layafette on 49 (road to Alexanderia).

Do you mean Prejean's? Great Cajun restaurant!
Sometimes I feel sorry for the rest of the country and the cuisine ya'll must endure. Sometimes...http://www.prejeans.com/site.php
Anyway, is the store you're thinking of "Barney's Firearms"? A great facility, geared towards LEO with lots of cool toys and a very nice pistol and rifle range. I know the place, unfortunately, my experience... if it cost less than a grand, they weren't interested.
hinking.gif

I don't think I'm being too picky...I would just like to do business with someone who is just happy to have my business, and not judgmental.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:09:08 PM EST
Contact Precision Firearms in Baton Rouge. They also rent out CLASS 3 weapons and have a range. They also have a FFL sent to Ohio Ordnance Works so anotgher plus there.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:16:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By KINO74:
Contact Precision Firearms in Baton Rouge. They also rent out CLASS 3 weapons and have a range. They also have a FFL sent to Ohio Ordnance Works so anotgher plus there.

Thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:48:32 PM EST
Your welcome.

I will call them to make sure they resent their FFL. I need a few receivers.
If you like AR15s, they seel all kinds of them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:22:58 PM EST
t_smith; you are correct about the cuisine in your area. It was Prejean's that I was thinking about.
Usually I plan my trips to Houston so I can stay in Beaux Bridge and eat at Mulate's.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:39:10 AM EST
My favorite is Redstick Firearms in Baton Rouge. class II, III sot, aow. Builders of ak & ar etc.
Just picked up my amd65 they built for me last night. Give Will a call, he'll help you out.
Top Top