User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/15/2008 3:07:56 PM EDT
Local builder who has built 65 ak's.
Romanian G parts kit.
Tapco piston, g2 trigger.
Ohio Ordinance receiver.
Wood sanded and refinished to amber color.
metal finished by gunsmith, hot blued matte black.
slant muzzle break, 1 30 round mag.

I haven't seen one yet but will check one out later this week. They are supposed to be nice though. I know I can order one for around $450 delivered and that is what this guy is asking.
opinions?
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 11:06:01 AM EDT
[#1]
First of all thanks for all the responses, it took forever to read through them all.All matching Romanian G, tapco piston,G2 trigger, Bead blasted then hot blued.Sights are perfect,no cant.

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd say it's worth about what you paid for it, if I were to sell it on EE or gunbroker.  Looks good!  
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#4]
According to this they are heat treated.

www.ohioordnanceworks.com/semi-auto/receivers.html
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#5]
The upper rivet in the rear trunion looks like mutilated ass . Like Mak stated, buy one online from someone who builds on AUSA or nodak receivers.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 11:48:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 12:57:29 PM EDT
[#8]
This is why ar15.com has a reputation for being a bastion of assholedom.  

He asked a simple question, "How much is it worth?", which would imply "How much could I get for this?"  He didn't ask for people to get into esoteric and meaningless discussions on the purportedly substandard construction of his gun.  Not everyone is as obsessed with this unattainable "mil-spec" perfection BS, nor will anyone ever see the time when their gun's receiver "fails".  Totally ridiculous "bitter" (to borrow from Barack Obama) nitpicking is not useful, nor is it becoming of a forum with so much valuable information.

Probably worth 400-450 bucks on EE or gunbroker.

My last outburst, I promise.  Please don't ban me.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
This is why ar15.com has a reputation for being a bastion of assholedom.  

He asked a simple question, "How much is it worth?", which would imply "How much could I get for this?"  He didn't ask for people to get into esoteric and meaningless discussions on the purportedly substandard construction of his gun.  Not everyone is as obsessed with this unattainable "mil-spec" perfection BS, nor will anyone ever see the time when their gun's receiver "fails".  Totally ridiculous "bitter" (to borrow from Barack Obama) nitpicking is not useful, nor is it becoming of a forum with so much valuable information.

Probably worth 400-450 bucks on EE or gunbroker.

My last outburst, I promise.  Please don't ban me.  

Now now now, settle down.

I didn't think MAK's answer was at all bad.  Firm, confident and assertive, but not arrogant IMO.

And remember, it is a tech forum, right?  I for one appreciate the input of those who have some knowledge and expertise on the subject weighing in.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top