Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/15/2005 8:52:35 PM EDT
Just put my first build together  for the final time. I hope to shoot it again this weekend. I test fired it 2 weeks ago. It's a Romy built on a flat.  When I bought the kit  I didn't believe I could actually build a rifle without a machine shop. I would like to thank everyone who posted questions (so I didn't have to) and everyone who posted answers to all the questions.. I would especially like to thank real estate salesman for showing me that you can bend a flat without hundreds of dollars worth of tools and jigs. I wouldn't have even tried if not for his post on flat bending. I would also like to thank Mr. Kalashnikov for designing a rifle with only one critical tolerance. Without him we'd all be out of luck. THANKS ALL.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics?  Pics?

myit
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Just put my first build together  for the final time. I hope to shoot it again this weekend. I test fired it 2 weeks ago. It's a Romy built on a flat.  When I bought the kit  I didn't believe I could actually build a rifle without a machine shop. I would like to thank everyone who posted questions (so I didn't have to) and everyone who posted answers to all the questions.. I would especially like to thank real estate salesman for showing me that you can bend a flat without hundreds of dollars worth of tools and jigs. I wouldn't have even tried if not for his post on flat bending. I would also like to thank Mr. Kalashnikov for designing a rifle with only one critical tolerance. Without him we'd all be out of luck. THANKS ALL.

(1.) You're welcome! I'm glad to hear that I could help spread the evil.

(2.) What "one critical tolerance" are you talking about? I guess I should know this, but don't.

(3.) Pics?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:35:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Critical tolerance = headspace. All guns go kaboom if the headspace is too long. That was the only thing that REALLY scared me about this project. I'll work on pictures as soon as possible, although I don't think mine is as well done as most I've seen posted here. Again, thank you all for the inspiration.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:51:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I would especially like to thank real estate salesman for showing me that you can bend a flat without hundreds of dollars worth of tools and jigs. I wouldn't have even tried if not for his post on flat bending.

can some make a link to this post?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Pics are missing from the thread though.

linkage
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:23:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Pics are missing from the thread though.

linkage

The pics don't work
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:43:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I saved the thread  but for some reason the pics are saved separately. I will try to combine them and repost (unless realestatesalesman objects, of course). I must warn you that it may take awhile and I may not be able to do it at all.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I saved the thread  but for some reason the pics are saved separately. I will try to combine them and repost (unless realestatesalesman objects, of course). I must warn you that it may take awhile and I may not be able to do it at all.

I don't care. I was thinking about posting the pics again myself, I've just been very busy, health problems, car wreck, ect., ect.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top