Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/17/2008 4:37:41 AM EDT
So I bought this WASR10 7.62 with this annoying thumbhole stock. I figured "hey, I'll just rip it off and screw in a real stock and pistol grip." But now I hear something about how the trigger group needs to be pushed forward by a gunsmith so everything will fit properly.

Is this true? do you actually have to screw with the trigger and stuff to put a regular stock and pistol grip on?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 3:04:58 PM EDT
Not even close. You heard that about the old Saigas maybe? get the PG & stock! Works like a charm.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:48:10 PM EDT
Awesome man, thank you. It was said about the WASR specifically, but I broke it down and it doesn't look like it's gonna be a problem. Are there any pictures of the back end of the reciever where the PG and stock fit, for referance?

I had already sent out the order for some nice wood furniture and if this were true I was gonna be pissed.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:41:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 6Demon6Face6:
Awesome man, thank you. It was said about the WASR specifically, but I broke it down and it doesn't look like it's gonna be a problem. Are there any pictures of the back end of the reciever where the PG and stock fit, for referance?

I had already sent out the order for some nice wood furniture and if this were true I was gonna be pissed.

No pix, but I did the same upgrade to a WASR-10. Opened up the magwell for doublestacks too. WECSOG for the win

You'll need the buttstock for stamped receivers, some buttstock screws (2), a pistol grip, pistol grip screw (big long bastard), and the pistol grip nut.

You'll need to get the US parts count up to spec though. I used US PG and stock and a trigger group.

That bunghole stock is both ugly and uncomfortable.
Top Top