Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/17/2008 4:37:41 AM EDT
So I bought this WASR10 7.62 with this annoying thumbhole stock. I figured "hey, I'll just rip it off and screw in a real stock and pistol grip." But now I hear something about how the trigger group needs to be pushed forward by a gunsmith so everything will fit properly.

Is this true? do you actually have to screw with the trigger and stuff to put a regular stock and pistol grip on?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 3:04:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Not even close. You heard that about the old Saigas maybe? get the PG & stock! Works like a charm.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:48:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome man, thank you. It was said about the WASR specifically, but I broke it down and it doesn't look like it's gonna be a problem. Are there any pictures of the back end of the reciever where the PG and stock fit, for referance?

I had already sent out the order for some nice wood furniture and if this were true I was gonna be pissed.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:41:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Awesome man, thank you. It was said about the WASR specifically, but I broke it down and it doesn't look like it's gonna be a problem. Are there any pictures of the back end of the reciever where the PG and stock fit, for referance?

I had already sent out the order for some nice wood furniture and if this were true I was gonna be pissed.

No pix, but I did the same upgrade to a WASR-10.  Opened up the magwell for doublestacks too.  WECSOG for the win

You'll need the buttstock for stamped receivers, some buttstock screws (2), a pistol grip, pistol grip screw (big long bastard), and the pistol grip nut.

You'll need to get the US parts count up to spec though.  I used US PG and stock and a trigger group.

That bunghole stock is both ugly and uncomfortable.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top