Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/11/2003 3:54:57 PM EDT
I am about to do a US parts conversion on a Norinco MAK-90 with the angle cut receiver.  This one was origionally set up for an under folder, but I would rather go with a FSE fake krink.  Is this possible and what do I need to do to the weapon.  There is a plate covering the back of the receiver with the tang welded to it.  Any ideas besides a fake folder?  Wood or polymer would be OK too.

Thanks, Jon
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Is the angle cut on the underfolder receiver the same as the butchered MAK angle cuts?

(I thought the standard underfolder had a bit of an angle that they welded a plate over on the MAKs)
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I have been looking around myself and haven't had much luck.

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is the angle cut on the underfolder receiver the same as the butchered MAK angle cuts?

(I thought the standard underfolder had a bit of an angle that they welded a plate over on the MAKs)

I am not sure.  It looks different to me, but I am mainly into Saiga conversions so I don't know for sure.

CS
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:29:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess my question now is can a paratrooper underfolder be converted into a fixed stock, and if so, How?

Regards, CS
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:08:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I guess my question now is can a paratrooper underfolder be converted into a fixed stock, and if so, How?

Regards, CS

Perhaps stating the obvious but the underfolder is perfectly legal if welded in the open position. (I know, a faux folder wasn't what you were asking for)

Like I mentioned in  my first post, I'm guessing the rifle has a standard angled underfolder receiver rather than the butchered style found on some MAKs. (I'm also guessing there are holes in the receiver, I've seen some that were plugged and some that were wide open)

If it were mine and had the holes in the receiver I'd go ahead and go with the welded open folder. Global Trades probably still has some of the nice Euro stocks that look a tad more rugged than the Chicoms. But that's me. (those holes in the receiver would just have to be used!)

CS, you might want to contact the folks at Ace Ltd. and see if they can't be of assistance www.riflestocks.com

Sounds like a custom made buttstock (or Ace adapter) will be in order. Good luck with the project, let us know how it evolves.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 1:28:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I think we are going to go with the welded open under folder.  It should work pretty well for my purposes.  I am also looking at ironwood designs stuff too.  It is the non butchered paratrooper angle.  The back plate is held in by rivits.

Thanks, CS
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top