User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 4:18:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:22:43 PM EDT
[#1]
More details please

How is this installed? Can it be done with a milled reciever like a SAM7 or on a stamped reciever what modifications are necessary?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:29:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Jnewt used that safety on the milled 5.45mm he built. Pictures are on the 1st page of the AK picture thread.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#3]
It can be installed on pretty much any AK. You just have to cut the hole on the bottom. It can be done by the home shop guy with a dremel.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a simple linkage, unlike that of the semi-auto Galil.  Unfortunately, unlike the Galil, the motion is ergonomically backwards.  You need to drag it back to put it on fire, push forward to safe.  I've never handled a FA Galil, but I understand it works the same way.  The SA Galil, an example of which I owned many years ago (stupidly sold it in 1992 so I could buy a house (double dumbass!!)), works the right way.  Push forward to fire, back to safe.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#5]
The Arsenal one is a good concept, but fails in the execution. If you think about it, most rifles have a "down" or "forward" stroke to take them off safe. Pulling back is just weird.

FWIW, the Krebs left side safety works in the correct direction (I assume they copied it from the semi Galil).

It's much more natural.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:04:49 PM EDT
[#6]
The Galil one works correctly because there is an extra pivot pin with a linkage to the selector ...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The Arsenal one is a good concept, but fails in the execution. If you think about it, most rifles have a "down" or "forward" stroke to take them off safe. Pulling back is just weird.

FWIW, the Krebs left side safety works in the correct direction (I assume they copied it from the semi Galil).

It's much more natural.

=
=======================

Will Krebs install his safety on a customer's AK?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's much more natural.

=
=======================

Will Krebs install his safety on a customer's AK?

No idea, mine came on my KTR-03V.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:02:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't see the point.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:12:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top