Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/3/2009 5:35:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/3/2009 5:35:47 PM EST by saigamanTX]
just got done watching Zombieland and in the opening credits there is a guy in a bondesque suit firing a ak. He turns to the left and I see it and I know instantly (hey thats a chinese 223 Norinco!)

I like ak's but I think thanks to the forums I have ak's on the brain
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:54:57 PM EST
driven several women away doing that already. This one doesn't care, she's a keeper
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:37:22 PM EST
Not so much in movies but I do tend to do so in news pix. I catch myself trying to figure out what kind of AK the various rebels/government troops/militia/native farmer in North Eastern Goatfvckistan/Central African Republic of WhereInTheHell is toting. Not an expert like some here, but way ahead of the general public. Friends & co-workers are boggled that I can tell a ChiCom from a Euro pattern AKM from a Yugo. To them AKs are AKs, even if sometimes they're actually Vz58s or ChiCom Type 81s.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:44:25 AM EST
I've gone from zero to buying 2 AK's in about 90 days.

I find the AK world to be far more fascinating than the other firearm worlds.

Yes, I now closely examine any AK shot in movies.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:59:58 AM EST
I also find myself noticing firearm errors in films, like when they have a scene in Vietnam and they have ARs with modern collapsable stocks. Or when a guy is shooting a FA gun then runs out of ammo and the gun goes ...."click click click" as if the gun somehow re-cocks itself with out using the gas system......Stuff like that.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:25:09 AM EST
I soooo hate that click click click crap!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:45:02 AM EST
I once corrected a Captain in the middle of a briefing for misidentifying an AK (he said Romanian but it was Chinese). I was right, but let me emphasize I did that ONCE!
Top Top