Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 3/13/2006 3:06:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/13/2006 3:07:07 PM EST by Lonerunner1]
I usually use glass beads when blasting parts, but want to use Aluminum as it takes for ever bead blasting some of these parts. Not only that but some finishes recomend you use aluminum oxide. My question is this, what is the proper wieght or type for gun parts and where can I get some. No one carries it in town. I will probably have to order it. Help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:54:57 PM EST
I bought aluminum oxide at Harbor Freight.

You can also use play sand they sell at Home Depot but you need to filter it to remove the bigger grains of sand or else it'll clog your blaster gun. It doesn't last as long as alum oxide but it's dirt cheap.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:51:42 PM EST
Try #85 from Tractor Supply Co.
Top Top