Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2003 1:25:12 PM EDT
at the Funshow. I don't know enough about Ak's but I  seem to get the idea from you guys that's not a bad place to start. He wanted $399 for it. He had KVAR (I think) black furniture, slant brake, and he said it had been reparkerized, but it still looked like shit to my AR trained eyes but probably way better than your average AK.

So was that a good deal? I can pick one up from him pretty easy...

Editted to add thats NIB. He is a dealer.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 1:31:54 PM EDT
[#1]
In my opinion for $399 with all the work done on it that you stated that a good and pratical price. If you need one I would get that one.I like the slant brakes.......WarDawg
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Like Wardog said, $399 sounds like a fair price considering the work done on it. I would nab one, you won't regret it once the AKs charm takes hold of you.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:04:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Saw a couple new SAR-1's at the Charlotte show this weekend.  They were going for $299.  Saw a few more for $330 or so too.  But then these were new out of the box with no mods.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:57:30 PM EDT
[#4]
The basic gun is about $290 wholesale, $330 OTD at Ohio shows. Check to make sure it has heat sheilds under the lower handguard (KVAR does). Check for straight sights, gas block, side optic rail darn close to parallel to the receiver/bbl. KVAR stocks come in std commie and 1" longer yankee butt stock lengths.
May well be a nice deal.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top