Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/9/2004 8:43:56 PM EST
Will Mak-90's and other no-ban ak's have bayonet lugs and threaded muzzles after the ban? Reason I am asking is because I am considering buying a Norinco pre-ban Ak but if they can be bought brand new with these features I would obviously save a lot of money.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:52:19 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/9/2004 11:55:35 PM EST by Mak]
Mak-90's and Chinese guns will not be imported at all as they are not affected by the 1994 ban. Those guns have not been imported for about 10 years unlike rifles like SAR-1,2,3 WASR's and VEPR's which can still be imported. Chinese rifles were banned for other reasons, possibly human rights violations or illegal importations or some other reason which caused the powers that be to deny importations. Norinco labeled shotguns are still imported if I remember right. Regardless, firearms that are imported from other nations will probably have to be converted and Americanized with required US parts before evil features are added once in the US.

You will be able to buy guns with the evil features, just not a Chinese gun. You could though add those evil features to a Mak-90 that you buy used, if you first add the required number of US parts. The parts could probably be obtained through Keng's, Global Trades and some other companies that carry Chinese barrels and parts.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:01:57 AM EST
Save money buy a Mak 90...And then add all the (proper components) to it..
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:18:36 AM EST
I see the expiration of the AWB as a huge logistical problem for the ATFE. When 'evil features' are no longer illegal, you will not be able to easily determine if a gun is legal just by looking at it. In other words, pre-ban, illegally converted post-bans and post-AWB expiration guns will all look exactly alike. Not only that, but perhaps the larger issue is why woul;d the ATFE go to any trouble whatsoever to prosecute gun owners for improperly converted post-bans when 'evil features' are no longer evil? What's the point? In other words, it would be like prosecuting someone for possession of an alcoholic beverage made during prohibition but after prohibition was overturned. Considering that practically nobody was prosecuted for 'evil features' while the AWB was law, I believe they will simply forget about the whole episode.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:31:58 AM EST

Originally Posted By 1saxman:
I see the expiration of the AWB as a huge logistical problem for the ATFE. When 'evil features' are no longer illegal, you will not be able to easily determine if a gun is legal just by looking at it. In other words, pre-ban, illegally converted post-bans and post-AWB expiration guns will all look exactly alike. Not only that, but perhaps the larger issue is why woul;d the ATFE go to any trouble whatsoever to prosecute gun owners for improperly converted post-bans when 'evil features' are no longer evil? What's the point? In other words, it would be like prosecuting someone for possession of an alcoholic beverage made during prohibition but after prohibition was overturned. Considering that practically nobody was prosecuted for 'evil features' while the AWB was law, I believe they will simply forget about the whole episode.

Huh?

When the law is dead it is dead... It will be perfectly legal to convert your current Post-Ban configured weapon with all the evil features you want including thse that were banned.... IE, with my Post-Ban SAR-1 I am threading the barrel and adding a side folder ASAP... my Post-Ban AR-15s will all have bayonet lugs, threaded barrels, and CAR stocks as of Monday.

When the law is gone it is gone! There is no reason to waite and buy a new rifle that has the features... add them yourself or hire the work out!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:40:11 AM EST
Top Top