Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/2/2006 3:28:41 PM EDT
Who has an AK pistol? Do you like them & are they reliable?  Where did you buy it?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Love mine, blast to shoot...its a homemade AMD pistol.......  

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I built mine.

Don't really like it that much, and I'm not sure an underfolder is worth the extra $200......

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Why dont you like it!!?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:17:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Why dont you like it!!?

+1
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't like it because it's completely useless.

It functions flawlessly, looks cool, but there's no real way to shoot that thing and hit anything at any distance.

I have enough SBR's already but I might SBR it instead of selling it or putting a faggy fake can on it.  

I dunno.  Guess it takes a lot to impress me sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:02:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Yugo krink also, I removed the break to make it even shorter, I use the modified weaver stance to shoot it, it is way more accurate than my Ruger Redhawk 8" 44 MAG.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:06:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I'v got an AMD65 pistol, and I don't really like it either. I'm going to put the stock back on. It's hard to aim, and thus impractical.

OJF
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Using the modified weaver stance when shooting an AK pistol must look a little strange.....pics?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:50:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:19:31 AM EDT
[#10]
sorry for the dumb ass qustion, but what are the laws concerning theese? especially here in MI? iknow with the ar's you have to have a specific lower straight from the factory, how can you do it with the ak's?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:36:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
sorry for the dumb ass qustion, but what are the laws concerning theese? especially here in MI? iknow with the ar's you have to have a specific lower straight from the factory, how can you do it with the ak's?

All it takes is a lower that hasn't previously been built into a rifle.  A new blank fits the bill.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:38:25 AM EDT
[#12]
dupe post, oops
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:40:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have a Yugo krink also, I removed the break to make it even shorter, I use the modified weaver stance to shoot it, it is way more accurate than my Ruger Redhawk 8" 44 MAG.

You mean you removed the cone on the end of the tube? If you remove the front assembly which the break is part of you have a single shot rifle.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#14]
If you built your pistol from a flat or an 80% receiver, you can switch back and forth between rifle and pistol configurations.  If you purchased a 100% receiver and filled out a 4473, you can only (legally) build whatever was on the 4473.  Remember, to the ATF the receiver is the firearm.  When the dealer calls in the 4473, he will have to indicate either rifle or handgun even for just the receiver.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top