Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/15/2003 5:26:50 PM EDT
Does anyone know if they are cast or forged parts? I got a Krink kit of a guy not to long ago and the rear site block is all bent out of shape. I'm gona try and heat it up to rebend it back to shape. Tried to see if anyone caried spare rear site blocks but K-var hasn't anwsered me yet and haven't goten any responce over at .net. Anyone here know of some more supliers out there if I can't fix the site block?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:23:57 PM EDT
Well, I'v got an extra rear sight block from a bulgarian 74 kit. It does not have the sight or leafspring. You can have it for it's weight in Gold! Email me @ cbaysinger4@hotmail.com
OJF
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:41:28 PM EDT
Actualy the krink's the one with the bent up block, wouldn't happen to have on of those?
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:47:17 AM EDT
Well, I'v never had a krink in my hands, but isn't it the same, parts wise, as the regular ak74? besides the obvious things like the barrel and front sight/gas block, stock and cover? Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.
If the rear sight block is the same, and you want/need it, I'll sell you 1 for $10, shipping included. The one I have is new, removed from a brand new demilled barrel.(What a waste!) I don't know why kvar did that, other than I'm sure the feds made them do it.
OJF
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 12:40:54 PM EDT
The krink rear sight block is a little smaller in profile I think. And insted of haveing the actulal sights on it, the sight block has a pivot hole for the top cover/rear sights to hinge on. heres a pic of one,

www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=216&1=219&3=507
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 12:44:55 PM EDT
Also, I was heating up my old one fixing it last night. I almost got it all straight. Anyways, the metal can't be steel. It heated up way to fast and was just way to malable for steel.
Top Top