Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/2/2004 7:28:37 PM EDT
I picked up my Bulgy kit from my dealer today!  The kit came from akron armory, it is in excellent condition, not a scratch! I have everything needed for the build including the domestic parts for 922r compliance.  I have contacted Inrange about building it for me.  Anyone have any other suggestions?  I am not up to the challenge of building it myself.

Thanks in advance

http://pics.montypics.com/cooterbrown/2004-09-02/1094181953_ak74.jpg
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:58:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:06:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like you got every thing you need....I cant wait till the 15th to see my package from ORF!!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:48:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks great. What's the going price for thise kits?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:21:22 AM EDT
[#4]
K-var has some for $180...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I had Troy at InRange do mine and it was well worth the wait.

You can't go wrong with the guys at Ohio Rapid Fire either.  Both are excellent smiths.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:15:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered the same exact package from Bob and it arrived about two weeks ago.  You know it's a shame that someone had to cut up a brand new AK74 just so I could have my kit.  I can't find any evidence that mine has ever been fired.  Bob rocks!!!

I'm going to do a screw build with mine later this month.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:35:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yeah...K-var.. I'm a little steamed on this one, just got my kit.
The K-var I got has a good about of surface rust, chip in the stock and came with out a tool-kit. To add insult to injury the kit was shipped in a LARGE box with no packaging materials... The UPS man jingled and jangled it all the way to my door as I watched in horror. I will get pictures up later, after all the good things I have heard, I am very disappointed.

Jack
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:48:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The K-var I got has a good about of surface rust, chip in the stock and came with out a tool-kit. To add insult to injury the kit was shipped in a LARGE box with no packaging materials... The UPS man jingled and jangled it all the way to my door as I watched in horror. I will get pictures up later, after all the good things I have heard, I am very disappointed.

Jack

All you need to do is contact them and send it back...It sucks but they have always been good about returns..I've ordered four in the last two months all were great shape..
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:56:42 PM EDT
[#9]
My plum kit was in excellent shape too, interestingly the box was opened though . Nothing was missing but it was concerning.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
wolfsburgbob is a great guy and akron armory treats people well.

if that were my build, i would be putting the triangular folder on it.

good luck!

I thought about the folder but I am a fan of the Plum furniture.  I haven't heard back from troy at Inrange but I know he is a busy guy.  I will try to contact ORF as well.  Thanks for the input.

By the way raptor22 the pic of the Inrange rifle is sweet!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I picked up my Bulgy kit from my dealer today!  The kit came from akron armory, it is in excellent condition, not a scratch! I have everything needed for the build including the domestic parts for 922r compliance.  I have contacted Inrange about building it for me.  Anyone have any other suggestions?  I am not up to the challenge of building it myself.

Thanks in advance

pics.montypics.com/cooterbrown/2004-09-02/1094181953_ak74.jpg

Brother: where did you order this kit from??? I want one, please tell me where from and how much??? I got some money burning a hole in my pocket...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:45:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jack

All you need to do is contact them and send it back...It sucks but they have always been good about returns..I've ordered four in the last two months all were great shape..

It’s not worth shipping back in my opinion. Had I not been built up to how perfect these kits are I doubt I would have gave it a second thought,. Also the packaging pisses me off, but seeing someone else mentioned their package was opened, I'm now scratching my head. I also was under the impression that it may have been tampered with and resealed. If that’s the case I'm calling UPS, because I know have the suspicion that they may have opened it to check for legality, and dumped out all my peanuts while doing so.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:36:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I got one of the Kvar kits a couple weeks ago, looks like a brand new rifle cut up, not a single mark of anykind on anything I could find, MINT is the only word to discribe it.  It also came pretty heavily packed with peanuts and some bubble wrap around the large parts, I would describe it as very well packed...  

However it didn't have a cleaning kit, but I noticed the description and item pictures don't show them coming with kits, so...
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:20:51 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I got one of the Kvar kits a couple weeks ago, looks like a brand new rifle cut up, not a single mark of anykind on anything I could find, MINT is the only word to discribe it.  It also came pretty heavily packed with peanuts and some bubble wrap around the large parts, I would describe it as very well packed...  

However it didn't have a cleaning kit, but I noticed the description and item pictures don't show them coming with kits, so...

Some have cleaning kits some dont. Sounds like UPS had a hand in some of this..Doesnt explain the surface rust tho..I'd send it back imo..I wouldnt spend almost $200 on something that wasnt in good shape..
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:16:38 AM EDT
[#15]
When did you order the kit from Bob?  I ordered mine about a month ago, and haven't heard from him yet.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:35:29 AM EDT
[#16]
I posted and sent an email, but haven't gotten a call back from him.  I'm not sure what the deal is anymore.  I wish he had a phone number to call him.....
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:47:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
When did you order the kit from Bob?  I ordered mine about a month ago, and haven't heard from him yet.

A little over a month ago.  I had some contact with him before he shipped it and he caled when he shipped.  i experienced good communication over the phone and via email.  try to contact him again.

I ordered it from akron armory.  Do a search for the website and contact bob.  It was aprt of a group buy but he is still listing the kits on the site.  Good luck, if your looks anything like mine you will be trilled!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Ordered a kit from K-Var last weekend, and UPS delivered it on Friday. All I can say is wow!he  I would highly recomend them to everyone. Price for the kit + bayo + 5 mags was $224.00 shipped. I could not be happier!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:16:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jack

It’s not worth shipping back in my opinion. Had I not been built up to how perfect these kits are I doubt I would have gave it a second thought,. Also the packaging pisses me off, but seeing someone else mentioned their package was opened, I'm now scratching my head. I also was under the impression that it may have been tampered with and resealed. If that’s the case I'm calling UPS, because I know have the suspicion that they may have opened it to check for legality, and dumped out all my peanuts while doing so.

K-Var does not use peanuts for packing.  The use UPS' bubble padded envelopes for packing.  That is how the majority of my orders have come.  I am surprised about the kits though.  They usually come double boxed.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A little over a month ago.  I had some contact with him before he shipped it and he caled when he shipped.  i experienced good communication over the phone and via email.  try to contact him again.

I ordered it from akron armory.  Do a search for the website and contact bob.  It was aprt of a group buy but he is still listing the kits on the site.  Good luck, if your looks anything like mine you will be trilled!

Mine is through the same group buy.  I actually just got a call from him tonight.  I was just curious about when you ordered, so I could roughly gauge when I might get mine.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top