Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2007 8:01:08 PM EDT
Well i got my tracking number for my 10 mags ordered! I hope they are nice and clean but i enjoy cleaning them. Any one got some pics of them ? can some one tell me about  a mag lotto please.
Link Posted: 12/18/2007 8:12:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Scroll down a couple topics on the Magazine page and you will find:
30 rd 7.62 x 39 mags at aim surplus for $9.95 eachLINK  I purchased a couple and they are all pretty nice.  Minor rust on most.  Some small pitting but all seem to be in working order, although not tested yet.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2007 8:54:23 PM EDT
[#2]
well i got a russian molot 40 will i be able to trade this for a bakelite 7.62
Link Posted: 12/18/2007 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
how long does it usually take for them to send it out and give a tracking #? just curious. never bought anything from aim before. I just hope they arent all gone when I placed my order last nite  (17TH)  
Link Posted: 12/19/2007 12:51:51 AM EDT
[#4]
It took mine 4 days to arrive.  Like everyone else has posted, most had minor surface rust and all were in woorking order.  One of mine was caked with grease and the others had a thin film of grease.  Took a few hours to get them all cleaned up, rust removed and I used the touch up blueing for the bare metal spots.  After all the time cleaning and cleaning products used I think next time I will just buy NIB mags.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#5]
bump for AIM....ordered mine on monday and got my 10 mags today!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#6]
got my mags today all are good except one witch the follower wont come all the way up. i can fix it but most of the mags were brand new. +1 for Aim i am happy.
Link Posted: 12/22/2007 12:41:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I got 10... 4 were really good, 2 had some rust/pitting, 4 were awful! Looks like someone dumped rust down inside. They are sitting in clearner right now.

I used steel wool and SLC.
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 5:39:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
got my mags today all are good except one witch the follower wont come all the way up. i can fix it but most of the mags were brand new. +1 for Aim i am happy.

I have two mags (from AIM) where the follower won't come all the way up.  Is there a common explanation for this?  Is there a standard fix for the problem?
Link Posted: 12/24/2007 9:48:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Real happy with all 10 of mine! 5 were perfect, 5 had tiny rust spots that cleaned up nicely. No dents at all.Great deal!
Link Posted: 12/25/2007 7:53:13 AM EDT
[#10]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

I have two mags (from AIM) where the follower won't come all the way up.  Is there a common explanation for this?  Is there a standard fix for the problem?

Have you disassembled the mag?  These things are pretty straight-forward.  I'd be willing to bet there's some sort of crud inside the mag body or on the follower that's preventing free movement.  You can also compare dimensions of the various parts with your functioning mags to see if something is sprung/bent.
Link Posted: 12/25/2007 8:44:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
well i got a russian molot 40 will i be able to trade this for a bakelite 7.62

No, the Molot RPK mags are common now.
Link Posted: 12/25/2007 9:16:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/25/2007 12:56:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/26/2007 6:42:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you disassembled the mag?  These things are pretty straight-forward.  I'd be willing to bet there's some sort of crud inside the mag body or on the follower that's preventing free movement.  You can also compare dimensions of the various parts with your functioning mags to see if something is sprung/bent.

First thing I did was disassemble all the mags I received from AIM and clean them all.  It's possible the inside of the mag body still has a little crud (hard to clean inside there as well as I'd like) but I know the follower is clean.  I'll go back and take it apart again to see if there were some spots that I missed.

ETA:  The other 11 magazines I received (both 30-round and 40-round Romanian) were just fine once I cleaned them.
Link Posted: 12/27/2007 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#15]
used mags, picked off of dead terrorists in Iraq and brought back to be sold to you!

I might half to treat myself to a few...
Link Posted: 12/29/2007 11:03:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I had this prob with one of mine that I got. I tried grinding down the follower a bit with a wetstone. but i ended up giving it a few taps with a hammer against my cement floor and now its skinny enough to have full travel, and cycles just fine!
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Got my 2(I know only 2) mags today and they are great.  Fit the gun and function excellent.  Very little rust, none on the one.  AIM Surplus, definate great site!  A+++
Link Posted: 1/3/2008 5:49:35 AM EDT
[#18]
I must have got the bottom of the barrel. The two I ordered are covered in rust and I'm kinda disapointed.,
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top