Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/24/2003 5:02:25 PM EDT
   Will Aim Surplus hand pick a Sar 1 for me??? Or does any one know of a retailer that will?

Thanks,

Irish
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#1]
They should.  Just make sure and call Steve and ask about it.  I think it is like $10 extra or something.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 6:04:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Great...Thanks for your reply

Irish
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 6:42:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Save your $10. My personal experience with both AIM & SOG is it really doesn't make any difference except driving up the price.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:08:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered a SAR-2 from Aim this past January, no special request or 'hand-picked".  It was a good one.  I replaced the wood furniture with K-Var plum synthetic parts (longer buttstock) anyway, so it was pretty much moot.  The parkerizing on there $300 rifles is nothing special, so as long as your gas block/sights are on straight you should be in good shape.  I would ask them "Please check that the gas block ans front sight are in proper alignment".  This is not an unusual request and the may not charge extra for it.  Rumor here is the SAR rifle supply is drying up, don't wait too long!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top