Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2004 7:41:54 PM EST
I have been debating this for awhile. I just ordered 2 romanian side folders...one for me and one for a buddy. I can't decide if I want to put the side folder on my MAK or not. Only reason I don't is because they are really short and I don't think it will be practical at all. Because I am running an ultimak with a red-dot. And I am getting a forgrip rail system with a bi-pod, vert grip, and bi-pod.

Anyone have a similar setup? Folding stock would be cool but I am not sure how well it will work with my plans. The regular U.S. buttstock is 1 1/4'' longer so it may be more comfortable to shoot.

I just can't decide...I am definetly converting the gun to a pistol grip. I am currently running a choate dragunov stock which is sweet but I think a pistol grip will be nicer. On the other hand I'm sure I could switch the stocks out in a matter of minutes...depending one what I was going to do.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:21:02 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/13/2004 4:56:49 AM EST by CAMPYBOB]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:57:36 AM EST

Originally Posted By CAMPYBOB:
the romy folder is a tad short for me (iirc, it measures about 3/8" shorter than a fixed commie byttstock) and the cheek weld i find horrible.

i did just slap one on that akt98 rimfire i just bought...but, the lack of recoil makes it bearable.

for 'real' shooting, i prefer fixed buttstocks. to me, they are just more comfortable and position me better on the the rifle.

+1
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:28:08 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:17:14 AM EST
I was thinking it is probably to short. But I also thought about going ahead and getting it because I can right now. In the upcoming months after the election it is hard to tell what could happen. I ordered it already...on accident lol. I guess I will just get it and possibly get the U.S. buttstock and some other goodies for xmas.

Anyone know if they make a recoil pad for the U.S. buttstocks that FAC sells?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:23:43 AM EST

Originally Posted By CAMPYBOB:
the romy folder is a tad short for me (iirc, it measures about 3/8" shorter than a fixed commie buttstock) and the cheek weld i find horrible.

i did just slap one on that akt98 rimfire i just bought...but, the lack of recoil makes it bearable.

for 'real' shooting, i prefer fixed buttstocks. to me, they are just more comfortable and position me better on the the rifle.

Campy, go to home depot and buy a 1/2"-3/4" dowel rod. Cut the dowel rod to fit the straight length of your romanian. Duct tape the dowel to the bottom of the wire folder so that it runs against the stock. Go find some 5/8"-1" ID pipe insulation. Slide that on and wrap it with either duct tape or cloth tape. No more bruised cheeks.

I also prefer fixed stocks but my tastes now are poly instead of wood.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:28:27 AM EST
I opted to go with the AK/AR adaptor and the ace socom stock.... (my NY ak's a preban and I always wanted a clapsing stock and not a folding one.) should all be here oon.

norinco 56s, trirail lower, TDI vert grip, ultimak upper, g47 rear grip, bjbuffer's swift lever with BHO cutout and a eithera tacpoint/ATN digital ultra sight/bushnell holosight on top. Whichever one cowitnesses best.

+

=
?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:30:18 AM EST

Originally Posted By RS39:
www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=216&1=227&3=191

maybe a pad for length

That's what I use on my folders. Cheek weld still sucks but they look cool hehe.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:36:47 AM EST
hmmm...tried to change my order and FAC told me I would have to call back later. They said my order wasn't even in yet. I am gonna be mad if it gets shipped between now and the "couple of hours" before I call back. I decided to get the U.S. buttstock and a cheekrest. I just want something comfortable to shoot. AK is already a small gun so I guess a folder isn't needed.

I am basically cloning the SAR-1 that is the new TAPCO rifle of the month.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:48:33 AM EST
Well FAC sucks....

Went ahead and ordered some parts from blackjackbuffers.com

- 4 position CAR stock with adapter
- green buffer
- and an ergo pistol grip

Hopefully he cares about his customers more than FAC.
Top Top