Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/2/2005 7:57:19 PM EDT
Need advice
#1. Trigger group retaining plate? needed? Does it make it easier to disassemble?
#2. Recoil buffer? Needed. What kind?
#3. Planning on having rifle finish of black oxide. Park rec'r first? Does it need it?
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:19:09 PM EDT
#1 trigger group retaining plate: I haven't ever used one, I just go to the hardware store and get E clips, they cost about 3 cents each, push on with needlenose pliers and a flat head screwdriver.

#2 Recoil buffer: never bought one of those either, think about it, do the full auto military AK's have them all over the world?

#3 Finish: I started by using BBQ grill paint, now I use Duracoat, and love it, not sure how much the oxide cost or the parking, but BBQ or duracoat work great.

Hope this helps a little.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:46:51 PM EDT
I use the good old fashioned Shepard's hook, but I would rather spend my money on kits or ammo than a part, when I have a part that works.. The if it ain' broke theory here..

I have never put a recoil buffer in anything that didn't come that way from the factory

Paint is an option that you decide. I am polishing one out to just keep it in the white. Think Iraqi Bling....
Top Top