Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2008 3:53:42 PM EDT
So i got my POSP, mounted the rail i got from Tantal (Great mount BTW) i got it lined up but there is an issue...Got it roughed in at 50 yards but need to go back.. Needed to tighten the clamp.

The cross hair seems to be too high in the lense. If you look in between the chevron and the distance finder then you are lookin in the middle of the glass... Is there any way to adjust the POSP to lift the front end? I checked the spacing on my reciever and the top of the mount to the top of the receiver is 10cm on the front and the back. any ideas?

they are bad pictures (Sorry my camera skills are weak). The one shot thru the lense is not a good shot but it does show the hight like im talking.. Left to right looks off but its not thats just the picture...

If needed i am sure i could get a crisper picture if i took my time.
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#1]
So does no one own one of these or is just noone in the tech forums these days?
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#2]
If you go to kalinka optics web site they have a PDF file you can use. It explains exactly step by step how to adjust these scopes. It is very complicated. You have to loosen those two little screws on the top of each tower and adjust the scope. Then re-tighten the screws. If you turn the whole tower it gets all f-cked up. Anyway, after you learn how to do it the scopes are pretty acurate (depending on the rifle and shooter of course).
Link Posted: 10/12/2008 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 5:18:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Measure the side rail's distance from the top of the rec at each end of the rail. Estimate from your pics is that the rail is down to the font, so the scope had to adjust up to compensate, and your reticle being high in the view is correct for being on target.

Yeah its kind of an optical illusion. just to make sure i broke the calipers back out. the front is exactly .5 cm lower than the rear when measured from the top of the recever. Is .5 cm so much that it would throw it off like that?  Ill check the kalinka web site..

thanks!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 5:36:04 PM EDT
[#5]
So i went to Kalinka and found the manuals on how to adjsut the clamp and how to adjust zero even when it wont move any more and my owners manual covered all that. I just dont see one that addresses te mount inparticular.. Do you have a link?

also to better explain. the third chevron is what i would consider dead center.. I guess it really does not matter to much i was just being anal....

thanks.

Link Posted: 10/14/2008 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 1:22:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Just in case you haven't already tried it, to make gross adjustments on the elevation, you need to unscrew the two silver screws part way on the elevation knob.  Then turn the black top part of the knob (not the numbered silver part).  I believe turning it counter clockwise will lower your reticule so that you aren't using the bottom chevron.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 2:58:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
s .5 cm so much that it would throw it off like that?

Yes, and it's why commie glass has so much adjustment range built into them, they know the occasional sloped rail happens...

Good answer....
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Just in case you haven't already tried it, to make gross adjustments on the elevation, you need to unscrew the two silver screws part way on the elevation knob.  Then turn the black top part of the knob (not the numbered silver part).  I believe turning it counter clockwise will lower your reticule so that you aren't using the bottom chevron.

Yes i did that.. thats how i got it to zero at 100 meters. Its not  a matter of impact its a matter of the crosshair being high in the lense at center.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Yeah its kind of an optical illusion. just to make sure i broke the calipers back out. the front is exactly .5 cm lower than the rear when measured from the top of the recever. Is .5 cm so much that it would throw it off like that?  

Arsenal Inc. installs rails within +/- .005"
Chris Butler installs rails within +/- .002"

.5 cm is about .200"

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 9:13:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah its kind of an optical illusion. just to make sure i broke the calipers back out. the front is exactly .5 cm lower than the rear when measured from the top of the recever. Is .5 cm so much that it would throw it off like that?  

Arsenal Inc. installs rails within +/- .005"
Chris Butler installs rails within +/- .002"

.5 cm is about .200"

thanks for ther info...
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top