Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2003 5:46:48 AM EDT
Hello,
I was thinking about adding a pistol grip to my SAIGA.  Does anyone have this documented anywhere?  It is my understanding that I will need to move the trigger forward.

I am just trying to figure out what it will take in terms of parts and procedures.  There are probably certain modifications that are required from a legal standpoint such as changing out the fire control group but is a new fire control group also required to move the trigger forward?  Mostly I am concerned about having problems with the firing mechanism after making this modification and want to know what to look out for from people who have tried this already.

The parts list and suppliers I have so far is:
Pistol Grip, K-Var Corp (www.k-varcorp.com)
Fire Control Group, Gordon Technologies (www.tasco.com)
Rivets, ??? (I don't even know the correct size)

Thanks again for your help.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:26:39 AM EDT
[#1]
This is tacked at the top of this forum but here it is...

www.castle-hams.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=52693&page=1

Make sure you have enough U.S. made parts so its legal.  Good Luck and maybe some pics when you're done.

Edited to add:  Welcome to the Board!
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 4:56:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is a coverted Saiga, it is the one on the top. Quite an easy conversion over all. The hardest part in my opinion is putting in the feed ramp.
Oh yeah, it is a .223 Saiga
Bottom is a SAR-2
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Here is a coverted Saiga, it is the one on the top. Quite an easy conversion over all. The hardest part in my opinion is putting in the feed ramp.
Oh yeah, it is a .223 Saiga
Bottom is a SAR-2
simplesitespro.com/MoDCC/AKs-1.JPG

Damn you GaryM, everytime I see that pic, I get the urge to buy a Saiga .223.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the info.  I read the tacked message and did not notice the instructions were below all the legal stuff.
The only question I have now is what work needs to be done to the fire control group?  It sounded like there was a difference in the trigger hook for the Gordon technologies firing mechanism.  Thanks again for all the information.  
Your SAIGA and SAR-2 look really sweet.  Do you have a photo of how you mounted the trigger guard on the SAIGA?
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top