Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/29/2004 4:11:05 PM EST
I've got a post-ban fixed-stock stamped Norinco MAK-90 that I'd like to modify for use as a truck gun.

Is there any kit that will allow me to install an underfolding stock onto this model?

When I look at my (beloved, cherished, and lovingly maintained) pre-ban Polytech milled underfolder, I realize that I'll most likely have to do some drilling, and maybe even some welding to close up the back.

Am I totally out of my mind here, or is there a reasonably simple solution?

If all else fails, it'll be a K-VAR black synthetic stock kit for the baby....
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:20:18 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:34:38 PM EST
Color me pessimistic, but that doesn't sound easy......
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:28:23 PM EST
I was considering the same thing, but might get the TAPCO side-folding stock instead. Check out the AK parts section if one of these interests you. There you'll find a fellow, Scott, selling them for $45 delivered. That's a good deal. Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:48:06 AM EST
I bought a Tapco folder from Scott, indeed a good deal. $45 shipped!

It seems to me I saw some kind of adabtor block that fits in the receiver that you then attach a regular underfolder to . Can't remember where I saw it, but it looked pretty simple.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:06:07 AM EST
www.gunsnstuffonline.com/index.aspx?pagename=moreinfo&uniqueid=3530044

If you modify a MAK90 by installing a folding stock, make sure to have no more that ten imported parts on the rifle. U.S. made parts can be substituted for the selected imported parts to reduce the count.

Harlan
FAC
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:59:41 AM EST
I would just get a $30 Romanian or E.German side folding stock. No modifications needed.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:17:57 AM EST
So who has the cheapest folding stock?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:52:25 PM EST
I had one of the blocks on my mak90 after the first ban........shit. Don't buy it it's made of plastic...zytel or whatever. And a pain in the ass to get the parts in there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:26:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By EEJ:
I had one of the blocks on my mak90 after the first ban........shit. Don't buy it it's made of plastic...zytel or whatever. And a pain in the ass to get the parts in there.

Tapco, or something else?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:13:59 PM EST
I'm talking about the ADAPTER BLOCK that FAC sells so that you can add an underfolder to a regular stocked ak.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:19:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By monkeyman:

It seems to me I saw some kind of adabtor block that fits in the receiver that you then attach a regular underfolder to . Can't remember where I saw it, but it looked pretty simple.

Please give a review of this stock ?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:16:43 PM EST
anyone have a link and review?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:47:41 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/4/2004 4:03:26 PM EST by monkeyman]

Originally Posted By BallisticTip:

Originally Posted By monkeyman:

Please give a review of this stock ?

The Tapco ?

The Tapco has a plastic tang block that just slips into the receiver. The folding mechinism is also plastic and is a swival joint on a pin. There are two intelocking fingers that mesh together when open. One opens it by pushing one end down and extending the stock. The pin is metal and it comes with a spacer that can be inserted to lock the stock open. The stock itself is plastic coated metal rods with a plastic butt plate. It seems sturdy enough for general use but I wouldn't go to war with it.

Update...Went out shooting today with the SAR1b/Tapco stock. It worked very well and was pretty steady.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:08:48 PM EST
any similar type folding AK stocks out there that are battlefield tuff? My thinking is the stock should compliment the rifle.
Top Top