Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/13/2004 5:11:59 PM EDT
A Guy I work with just bought his first AK and has been lurking here for a couple days.I believe he'll come out of the shadows soon and join us,Welcome To The Dark Side Steve!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#2]
It's already started,he bought the AK Monday and I sold him a PSO 4x24 today.I loaded him up with AIM fliers,an old Shotgun News,a book on AKs and I pointed out the fact that three 30 round mags and a hundred rounds of ammo is not near enough!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:32:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome. We need more

I just dropped another $100 on my AR47...err ak47

4 position CAR stock with adapter and a ergo pistol grip. Grand total is around 900$ now. My credit card is hurting again. Next is a rail system with a bi-pod, light, and vert grip. Hey but its badass right?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:59:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
run Steve run....JohnO is the devil!....run fast run far...or you are doomed!

BTW..
Welcome!

That's funny Jeep, an old phrase comes to mind about something calling something a certain color. I seem to remember the person who started me on the road to the DarkSide and it wasn't John. Getting me addicted to "AK crack". Are you sure when look in the mirror you don't see staring back at ya?

Welcome Steve, don't be shy. We're all AK junkies here.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome Steve!

I too am an AK-aholic.

It started out innocent enough...  Saiga sporters, SKS's with detachable mags.

Then i met the SAR's...1's 2's and 3's...the 1's were it for me...really wanted one bad.

Then one day i met this orphan MAADI  RPM that was done up like a RPK.....picked it up
for $260 with 4 mags.  Spent the weekend with it......i was hooked.
Had a Bulgy 74 built.....man that 5.45 is some bad shit...Go easy on it at first...
Started looking for Drum mags, Selling my blood plasma for ammo money, Cutting down
on my drinking to buy more mags, Man those bulgarian Waffles are the real stuff...
Sending off for kits and receivers to build your own on....Bought / built 6 in one year and
im still not done. Gotta have about 12 mags per rifle....you know, "Just in case".

Dont worry, it gets easier.  Hmmm...House payment or Polytech Legend series in box...
Well that's an easy one...

You have one now....Don' worry, it won't be your last...
Welcome to the dark side.

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:18:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:15:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:53:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Welcome Steve!

I too am an AK-aholic.

It started out innocent enough...  Saiga sporters, SKS's with detachable mags.

Then i met the SAR's...1's 2's and 3's...the 1's were it for me...really wanted one bad.

Then one day i met this orphan MAADI  RPM that was done up like a RPK.....picked it up
for $260 with 4 mags.  Spent the weekend with it......i was hooked.
Had a Bulgy 74 built.....man that 5.45 is some bad shit...Go easy on it at first...
Started looking for Drum mags, Selling my blood plasma for ammo money, Cutting down
on my drinking to buy more mags, Man those bulgarian Waffles are the real stuff...
Sending off for kits and receivers to build your own on....Bought / built 6 in one year and
im still not done. Gotta have about 12 mags per rifle....you know, "Just in case".

Dont worry, it gets easier.  Hmmm...House payment or Polytech Legend series in box...
Well that's an easy one...

You have one now....Don' worry, it won't be your last...
Welcome to the dark side.

KyARGuy

This guy is just as bad a pusher as the rest!!!! I was into AK's then I went and talked to KyARGuy and its been down hill ever since..Now I'm a 5.45 addict Give me a holler..You changed jobs on me..
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:21:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Awesome. We need more

I just dropped another $100 on my AR47...err ak47

4 position CAR stock with adapter and a ergo pistol grip. Grand total is around 900$ now. My credit card is hurting again. Next is a rail system with a bi-pod, light, and vert grip. Hey but its badass right?

I just picked up a new bulgie milled receiver.  Someone help me!  I can't stop.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:34:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
i can quit any time i want to!!!

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#12]
My name is Frank, and I'm an AK-aholic.

My first one was a SAR-1, which was a Christmas gift from my wife two years ago.  Now, I've gone off the deep end.  I'e also turned my AK into a mutant, or "The Borg Rifle" as my friends call it.  It has a CAR stock, AR grip, TDi foreend with folding vertical grip, UltiMak rail, Trijicon ACOG reflex sight, G2 FCG, and various other sundry modifications.  Grand total, currently hovering around $13 - $1400.

Then, I just sold my Oly Arms AR and used the money to buy a Romanian SSG-97 Paratrooper, which is an AK/SVD hybrid.  The following week, I sold my CETME and bought a vz52/57, chambered in 7.62x39 (I like the round, what can I say?).

Yesterday, I went by the gun mongers' and picked up the NHM-91 which I had bought from a guy in NM.  I've already removed the T-hole stock and put black KVAR furniture on it, along with compliance parts.

Early next week, the gun monger will be recieving a SAR-1 with a side-folder for me, which I bought from AR15.com member lowammo.

I'm also contemplating buying one of the Romanian .22lr AK's that SOG is selling.  They are also selling Romanian AK's with all the no-ban features such as lugs and flash suppressors.  Maybe I should get one of them.  Of course, Atlantic has Polish underfolders for sale.  Maybe I need one of them.

Mags?  I've got a few.  Something like 17steel 30rndrs, 6 Polish synthetic 30's, 4 20's, 4 10's, 1 40, and 2 Romanian drums.  All together, I think I can load 1,000 into mags at a time.  I still need more though.

But, I can quit anytime I want.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:32:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I just picked up a new bulgie milled receiver.  Someone help me!  I can't stop.

I've had my eye on a milled Bulgy receiver Myself,whats the going price?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks everyone for welcoming me to the DarkSide. I finally got registered. Thanks especially to JOHNO for " hooking " me up! There is a wealth of information on this site. Thanks to all the guys for taking the time to answer all those questions. I have owned quite a few guns over the years (still do) , but I seem to be more interested in this AK than any other I've ever had. Maybe I've got AK fever too! I've been reading on this site and already have learned a lot. I'm glad to be a member and looking forward to talking to you guys. Thanks again, John for introducing me and for all your help. I'll probably be asking you more questions. By the way, John's really a nice guy. Even for a devil    
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#16]
[yawn] It only took you 9 days to pick a user name and get registered![yawn]I had almost forgot about you.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Are you sleepy, Johno??
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Getting me addicted to "AK crack".

I too am an AK-aholic.

I just commented to my sister the other day that I should have started using drugs, it would be cheaper than guns.  I've been jonesing for a new gun of ANY kind really bad and I have $0 to spend.  ARRRGGHHH!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:24:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Welcome, Bounty Hunter.  This site is a great place.  By the way, what part of TN are you and JOHNO from?  I am in northeast TN (Johnson City), maybe we could get together for a shoot if your close by.  I am a fellow AKoholic currently going through DTs as I wait for my SEAKII!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Heh, I don't have a problem.  I can quit whenever iI want.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks, JSIG. We're in southeast TN. ( Cleveland ).
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top