Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/1/2002 1:16:43 PM EDT
Let me know if I'm out of line(and/or lazy), but, I have been wanting a SAR-2 from AIM. I have also been thinking about the Romanian front sight block for the threaded barrel coolness. So, figuring that 1+1=3, it occurred to me. I could(maybe) send CampyBob a check, he could go to AIM and handpick a SAR-2, then install the front sight and send it to me. Then all I would have to do would be to install the FCG from RSA and screw on a AK-74 muzzle break and I'm ready to go. I can't be the only person thinking this. We could all get together and make CampyBob rich(and very busy). Just thought I would throw this out. If I'm way out of line,Campy, please don't hurt me!!  
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 1:32:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Isn't he and someone else waiting for a gun license of some sort for manufacturing?

themao

Got ice picks?
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 1:53:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#3]
So then does that mean I'm not that far off point? Just jumping the "gun" a little bit?
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#4]
We had to wait 6 months for our FFL! Were told it was "in the mail" for 4 months. Finally had to go to the ATF office to get it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Buying a gun for some one else is technically illegal. It is called a "strawman purchase" by the ATF and is one of the main things they are trying to crack down on. Sorry.

Now when he gets his FFL...
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Buying a gun for some one else is technically illegal. It is called a "strawman purchase" by the ATF and is one of the main things they are trying to crack down on. Sorry.

There's a loophole to this problem - get Sarah Brady to make the purchase for you, in her name (like she admitted to in her book), & no one will get tagged.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 4:52:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Well, I thought that in order to ship it to me it would have to go through a FFL, right? So then I'm still going through all the good paperwork. Which in my mind(the vast expanse it is)that would not be a "strawman purchase". But I've been wrong before.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I thought that in order to ship it to me it would have to go through a FFL, right? So then I'm still going through all the good paperwork. Which in my mind(the vast expanse it is)that would not be a "strawman purchase". But I've been wrong before.

Going through an FFL as you state would be fine. Guess I misunderstood.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yep, an waiting and waiting....

HTF long does an FFL TAKE anyway?

I am one of Campy's partners.

Now I remember you name. Sorry MickeyMouse,

themao

Got ice picks?
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:11:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top