Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/12/2005 2:24:09 PM EDT
Went shooting yesterday with my son and his friend. Reminded myself of something and learned a few things:

1. Anyone looking for a GREAT receiver and barrel to build/customize an AK47 around, look no further than a milled MAK 90. I have more than a dozen AK47s and had recently picked up a milled MAK 90 with pistol grip configuration at a local gun show. The receiver on this AK  is built like a tank. What a pleasure to shoot  a reasonably priced rifle that is so well made.

2. Loaded up a bunch of mags with the 7.62 x 39 "Portugese/Bosnian" ammo. This is excellent high powered accurate ammo at a very reasonable price. I went to order more from Sportsman's Guide because of the price + coupon codes but I see they are out of stock. Too bad since last time 3000 rounds came out to be about $300 delivered. Even at $139/1000 delivered from Ammoman/Eric I feel it is well worth it.

3. Had replaced followers and floorplates in ten 40 round Romanian mags with USA manufactured FSE I had obtained from RPBUSA. They functioned absolutely flawlessly.

We All had a Great Day!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Any time spent at the range is quality time. Good job. And I just bought a Milled Mak for the very thing you just stated. $299 .. Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:22:48 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 Father son...
+1 Father and daughter in my case...
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I apologize guys, no pics.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
And I just bought a Milled Mak for the very thing you just stated. $299 .. Cheers WarDawg

That was some buy WarDawg. Congrats!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Tim, what's your opinion of the milled Maks?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
make sure that the receiver isn't slant cut if you go looking for them, it's a pain in the butt to find a decent stock set for angle cut AK receivers.

The milled Mak I picked up at the gun show has the slant cut receiver. Whoever "unbanned" it made a small triangle shaped wood wedge to fill in the gap between the rear of the receiver and the front of the stock. Did a really nice job matching the wood and finish.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:31:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Tim, what's your opinion of the milled Maks?

They're excellent rifles, top knotch AK's, basically an inexpensive Legend.  

All they need is to be unbanned.

Probably the best "sleeper" buy out there, just make sure that the receiver isn't slant cut if you go looking for them, it's a pain in the butt to find a decent stock set for angle cut AK receivers.

I don't pretend to know everything about these MAK's ( MILLED ). But from what I gathered Most if not all are Slant cut. I haven't found any that was straight cut ( Milled ) with Mak 90 stamped on it. Now there might have been a few that was hung up in customs when the ban happened and they was converted differently. I really don't know. But out of the last 50 Mak ( Milled ) I personally have looked at or inquired about they have been slant cut. But Ironwood  makes a High quality  stock set for them .About $110 shipped. Walnut or Laminate. . There are few poster that have posted pic's of there's with IW sets. I ordered a Maple years ago for a SAR 1 . Quality was top Knotch. Cheers WarDawg

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top