Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page AK-47 » Chinese
Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2008 6:17:10 PM EDT
Beg pardon if these have been asked before.

I've got a Mak90 that I'm making 922r compliant. I've got a underfolding stock that I've had forever and was wondering if it could be installed on the Mak. If so, where can I find a rear plate for a stamped receiver? Any info on how to install this stock would be a huge help.

Also, is it legal to thread a non-threaded Mak barrel for a flash hider? If so, am I correct on a 6 part count for compliance?

Thanks,
B.
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 6:23:36 PM EDT
I'm in a similar position. I am considering converting a MAK 90 to "original" configuration. I have the compliance parts sorted out, but I will order an Ironwood Designs stock and am looking for odds and ends, like:

Buttplate and screws
Side swivels

Any suggestions as to where I can get these?
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 6:35:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Hawkeye24:

I've got a Mak90 that I'm making 922r compliant. I've got a underfolding stock that I've had forever and was wondering if it could be installed on the Mak. If so, where can I find a rear plate for a stamped receiver? Any info on how to install this stock would be a huge help.

Also, is it legal to thread a non-threaded Mak barrel for a flash hider? If so, am I correct on a 6 part count for compliance?

Thanks,
B.

not worth the effort to put the underfolding stock on a fixed stock rifle.

pretty sure its legal the have the barrel threaded. im cant think of any reason why it wouldnt be legal.

not sure about the number of parts. 6 sounds good.

sorry i couldnt be of more help.

Link Posted: 11/14/2008 9:45:46 PM EDT
underfold might be illegal , due to the fact its not u.s. made , from what i hear its legal to thread but make sure you use a u.s. made flash hider, like a tapco!! also get the tapco trigger kit, tapco gas piston , the ironwood stock will count as 3 pieces, i myself got the ace limited stock kit w/ buttstock ,pistol grip, and foregrips, and trigger set, i also installed a plastic follower and floor plate which counted as a total of 8 parts u.s. and getting ready to thread the barrel to put on the tapco flash hider
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 5:55:14 AM EDT
How can you make a rifle that has already been listed as an "assualt rifle" more so by adding flolders ,flash hiders ect..? Food for thought.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:30:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/21/2008 5:30:53 PM EDT by Greg_W]
Originally Posted By Hawkeye24:

Thanks,
B.

You could make a fixed into a folder but it isn't worth the trouble imho. Which u/f stock do you have? That will tell you which rear trunnion you need. There are a lot more parts to an u/f than just the stock see below...

Yes you can thread a barrel but you would need 6 compliance parts. Good luck ant let us know how it goes...
Page AK-47 » Chinese
Top Top