Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/6/2004 6:50:55 PM EDT
Probably a worn out question but here goes. What, if anything do I have to do to be legal installing a folding stock on a NORINCO NHM90  fixed stock type receiver, not a MAK90 but still a post ban, if the ban sunsets. Do I still need certain number US compliance parts or does that BS go out with the sunset. Thanks. Dogear
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Still need the parts yes...

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:03:16 PM EDT
[#2]
How many US parts do I need to comply? I'm assuming this NHM90, just purchased, has none except for the butthole stock which is going anyway. It does have a gas tube heat shield and slant brake, but can't tell where they were made. What's best to replace? Any suggestions on good folder options much appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#3]
5 parts is the norm for a rifle with NO brake, just bare muzzle/no threads.

6 parts if you want to use a foreign made brake.

5 parts again if using a US made brake.

If the rifle is a milled receiver, subtract 1 from each category: 4/5/4 instead of 5/6/5
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top