Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/14/2005 11:31:54 AM EDT
I was thinking about doing a build for the first time, I have seen some AMD-65 kits that look like they would be cool to build up. I know that there are the US part count issue and using a longer brake so it's not a SBR. My question is a couple of the dealers selling these kits in the fine print say assembling the kit into a rifle would be a violation of 18 U.S.C. 925 (d) (3) . Any help on this or should I look into building something else ?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:37:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Dont worry about it if it were a problem there would be LOTS of people in jail by now including many well known manufacturers. I think the dealers only put that in there to cover their ass.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:18:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah Ive seen that at many fun shows and a lot of places that sell parts kits..

something along the lines of  "these kits are for replacement parts only, it is unlawful to build a functioning firearm from these kits pursuant to USC blah blah"

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:42:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top