Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/6/2005 11:54:53 AM EDT
AMD 65 built on OOW reciever appears that the hammer (tapco G2 single hook) is pushing the bolt carrier up after a round is fired and is jamming up on the back of the reciever, almost as if it were trying to field strip itself. I thought about dremmeling down the top of the hammer, but I am worried about changing its geometry. What could be the solution?

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:53:44 PM EDT
How many rounds have you put through the rifle? Have you tried putting a little moly grease on the contact areas? I have polished the bolt and carrier surfaces on my AKs with no ill effects.

She just might need to be broken in a little more.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:25:47 PM EDT
Ive shot less than 20 rounds. It is a brand new build done by a reputable builder ( im not pointing any fingers, if anything I think I got a bum reciever...) Since the bolt carrier looked like it was going to jump out of the reciever, I wanted to stop before something got damaged, like my face. I'll give polishing and greasing a try.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:27:55 PM EDT
it happens with OOW...pins are too high
you have to change the profile of the hammer, take alot off the rear lobe, angle it like a bulgarian hammer
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:22:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2005 5:23:35 AM EDT by RS39]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:32:33 AM EDT
Try a BlackJack buffer. It will keep the carrier from going all the way back to the take down slot.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:31:31 PM EDT
Ladies and Gents,
I solved my prob. First I tried filing and polishing the profile of the hammer....no good. So, I thought about the problem, and realized that I needed to shorten the cycle of the bolt carrier. I did this by welding a 3/8 nut into the slot of the recoil spring housing. After some clean up with my grinder, I found that this shortened the cycle approx 1/4 inch and was enough to keep everything on track, I took it out and put 200 rnds through it without a hiccup.
Thanks to everyone that responded with advice.

P.S. I did hit the SOB with a hammer a few times...good thing its an AK!!
Top Top