Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/22/2016 2:06:20 PM EDT
I am having trouble fitting my AKT trigger to my AK47.  I am replacing a Tapco G2 which works fine in my rifle.

The safety seems to sit too low and can never clear the trigger.

I ave shot a couple of videos I hope explains the issue.

The first one shows how I cannot install the safety lever (it’s a Krebs) with the AKT installed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/302245/install%20safety.m4v

The second shows how it looks when I install the safety lever first and then install the AKT to show that it gets jammed at the back no matter where I move the trigger.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/302245/installed.m4v

Have you seen this before and can you offer any insight?

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 2:19:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#2]
It would appear that the tail of your safety needs to be trimmed slightly to clear the trigger.

ETA: After reading numerous reviews, one owner had one break after 300 rounds. Not sure if these are MIM like the Arsenal FCG's, or investment cast like the G2. Never had any issues with the G2 over the last decade of use. Some have had the tail on the bolt carrier
mushroom a bit. I did hear that TAPCO changed the hammer profile last year and eliminated the sharp humps, and it looks almost exactly like a Bulgarian hammer now, which would eliminate the peening issue, and allow for smoother operation of the carrier. I just received two G2 FCG's,
but both came with the previous style hammer.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 3:50:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I sent this thread along to the folks at the shop but feel free to call the shop for assistance.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Why didn't you file off the lower part of your safety lever per the instruction?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 4:21:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 5:36:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Detailed instructional video.

ALG video
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:16:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why didn't you file off the lower part of your safety lever per the instruction?
View Quote
Hmmmmm, both the printed instructions and the installation video cover filing the roll pin that comes,with the trigger, not the bottom of the safety stop.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:48:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I had the same problem trying to install one into my 107UR,gave up and put in a Tapco G2.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 12:17:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Thank you ALG, spoke to the shop and they told me exactly what to file.

Sorted.

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 12:23:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top