Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 6:16:46 AM EDT
what are the various ways to mount a aim point red dot on my AK. what is best and most solid.?

is there a quality receiver mount or do I have to go with gas tube mount?

thanks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:37:35 AM EDT
[#1]
i have an aimpoint on an ultimak gas tube mount and it is rock solid. if you have a side rail mount, you can get a mount with rails for it, but i do not know if that will co-witness. my aimpoint on the ultimak does. i hope that helps.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#2]
If you have siderails, dont bother with the AIMPOINT, you will be much more accurate with the Kobra, and it will be easier to remove, and it always retains zero even when removed.  The reason i say you will be more accurate is because the Aimpoint i belive has a 3 or 4 MOA aiming dot, whereas the Kobra has a 1.8 MOA aiming dot, so those occasional distance shots are much easier with it because the dot is less likely to obscure the target.  Also there is far mor adjustability with the Kobra, 16 levels of brightness and 4 different reticles, plus they are about half the price.  I have one and love it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Kobra, assuming you have an optics rail.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:27:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you have siderails, dont bother with the AIMPOINT, you will be much more accurate with the Kobra, and it will be easier to remove, and it always retains zero even when removed.  The reason i say you will be more accurate is because the Aimpoint i belive has a 3 or 4 MOA aiming dot, whereas the Kobra has a 1.8 MOA aiming dot, so those occasional distance shots are much easier with it because the dot is less likely to obscure the target.  Also there is far mor adjustability with the Kobra, 16 levels of brightness and 4 different reticles, plus they are about half the price.  I have one and love it.

I have both. An Aimpoint on an SLR and a Kobra on a Mak. The new Aimpoints are available in 2 MOA. When you include a 50,000 hour battery life compared to a 70, the $$ begins to equal out. I do however love the chevron of the Kobra. I am most accurate with that. In fact I have thought of getting rid of both the Kobra and the Aimpoint and getting a Tri-power becuase for me the chevron works best at putting them where I want them. We'll see.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#5]
KOBRA ! I have beat the #%$@#@ out of mine and it still keeps working and holds zero. It is a fine piece of equipment.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:59:15 PM EDT
[#6]
ok, where do I get the best price on a kobra?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:27:16 PM EDT
[#7]
bump
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Tantal by far, tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstkobra.html  $185 for mine, i have the EKP-1S-03M model, but if you prefer the longer life of a coin cell model then get that one.....best AK red dots, hands down.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:36:25 AM EDT
[#9]
ok, thanks.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top