Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/31/2002 7:18:07 AM EDT
hi guys,

i am looking to convert my Norinco type 56 AK47 to a registered SBR Krikov. i would like to have the triangular side folding stock but will this fit on my chinesse reciever?

also, can you recommend a gun smith to do the work?

thanks in advance. scott.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 11:19:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, you're going to use a norinco to make a Krink?  I hate to see the originals get modified.  It is your rifle and you can do with it as you wish, but you can get 95% of the Krink by useing a cheap Hesse and save the Norinco.  There are quite a few 'smiths on the board here. They are in the builder's section more than here.  I'm tempted to trade you my krink for your norinco and kit. (It's regestered SBR)
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 7:45:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I had my Krinkov built on a Stampped PolyTec reciever.  Not only do I have the working folding stock, I had a cal. changed from 7.62 to 5.45.
The work done is nice and the gun functions flawlessly even with the cal. change...
Independance arms did the work.
I don't have any good pictures of my gun, so here is a crappy one...
members.aol.com/krinkov545/mykrink05.jpg

BISHOP
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Bishop,

That's a wicked looking AR!

What did you have to do to mate the Krinkov flash hider to the AR????

KR
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't remember who, I think K-Var, sells an adapter so you can use Krinkov flash hiders ect. on your ARs...
it works fine.   I didn't notice any differance in ANYTHING, but it looks cool.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 3:52:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the advise guys. i didn't realize the norinco was "collectable".

as for "who to do it" i thought derek at AZEX was getting out? that would be nice as he is only 2 hours away from me! i will contact him.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 11:12:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top