Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/12/2002 10:16:06 AM EDT
Hi guys,
I just recently purchased a Global Trades SSR 85C, and I have a few newbie type AK questions.  Does anyone know where I can find and E. German folding stock and handguard set?  I remember seeing them all over the place a few years ago and now I can't kind any.  If they are not around anymore what is a another good stock set? I have been looking at the Bulg. black poly.  Also what type of mags are the best?  I've seen brand new E. German for about $10.00 each are they any good?  I also like to Bulg. poly. ones but they are a little more expensive.  And lastly how easy/hard is it to change out the stock and handguards?  I have not really messed with the rifle yet so I was wondering how much work I have in store.  Thanks for entertaining my silly new guy questions that have probably been answered here before.  
Gary  
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:15:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
"I just recently purchased a Global Trades SSR 85C, and I have a few newbie type AK questions. Does anyone know where I can find and E. German folding stock and handguard set?"

tapco has the romanian side folders (pushbutton) for cheap. the east german (lever) side folders have dried up. they look the same as the romanian, other than the actuation lever/button.

Uh, wouldn't that be illegal on a past-ban AK?
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 4:51:16 PM EDT
[#3]
DVL, you are probably right about the stock, I guess I have to get one that is welded in the open position.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 1:18:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't sweat it....Get the nonfolding Romanian.
Should Sept. 13 2004 roll around with the House refusing to renew a ban(which I believe will happen) they are easy to make back into folders.
Contact me for complete directions with simple handtools......(got these directions from another and they work great)
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top